Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Life Sciences team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry.
- Develop Electrical design documents for biotech and pharmaceutical facilities, including:
- Incoming electrical services and coordination with local power companies
- Main and MCC single-line diagrams and associated distribution systems
- Emergency and back-up power distribution systems (Generators, UPS, etc.)
- Electrical panel layouts and wiring diagrams
- Power and lighting plans, calculations, and schedules
- Electrical load studies and motor and electrical load lists
- Electrical equipment layouts
- Elementary diagrams and wiring diagrams
- Grounding and lightning protection plans and details
- Telecommunications plans
- Fire alarm plans
- Security and door interlock plans and details
- Understanding of global and national building and applicable electrical codes
- Understanding and experience with NFPA
- Understanding of room and area classifications as related to cGMP requirements
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in 2-D and 3-D environments for cable tray routing, lighting fixture layouts, panel locations, and power to end users.
- Prepare specifications for electrical equipment.
- Writing scopes and preparing estimates for conceptual, basic engineering and detailed design phases of a project.
- Prepare electrical design criteria and basis of design documents.
- Perform field surveys and evaluate condition of existing equipment and systems.
- Review submittals and shop drawings.
- Assist in control system philosophy and control system architecture development in coordination with client, building (HVAC) and process requirements.
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of Instrument Index and Input/Output (I/O) lists based on review of P&ID's.
- Response to construction Requests for Information (RFIs), develop final construction documents including; plans, specifications, schedules, and details.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must possess ability to multitask with strong communication skills
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years' experience
- Hybrid Working Office Environment (employee can select days working from home or from the office)
- Required computer skills: MS Office, AutoCAD, and Revit 3D modeling
- Flexibility to travel (max of 10% annually)
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.