As a member of the Data Science & Automation team, you will design systems to tackle tough problems in the legal domain and expand our award-winning products and services. In this role, you will lead a range of Intelligent data and content automation efforts. You will be working in LexisNexis Operations with a varied group and cross-functional team of content domain experts, IT and product colleagues to pilot and develop new methods of processing, extracting and surfacing information relevant to our customers.
Sample projects may include document summarization, classification, citation structuring / resolution, redaction, concept / keyword suggestion and normalization, and Deep Learning from annotated data.
Available Locations : Anywhere in the country
As the Data Scientist for Content analysis and insights, your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications and experience:
- Develop and implement scalable machine learning-based solutions
- Keen strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks, and use data to drive innovation.
- Participate in model reviews with key stakeholders, including stakeholders with limited statistical backgrounds
- Maintain current knowledge-base of best-in-class algorithms, API's, and open-source methods and be able to quickly evaluate alternatives
- Translate complex business requirements into actionable stories with reasonable time estimates
- Evaluate, fix, and help in the maintenance our data assets and training/evaluation data sets.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Machine Learning, or a Data Science related field
- 2+ years professional experience building ML models for use cases, and software engineering experience building production ML models with TensorFlow, Spark ML, and Scikit-learn, etc.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development in languages like Python and Java/Scala
- Familiarity with OpenCV, PIL and other image processing toolkits.
- Experience deploying software solutions to a cloud framework (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL/Graph databases
- Experience working with RESTful API and general service oriented architectures
- Passion for learning and continued self-development.
What we are looking for in you:
- Ability to use tools to solve supervised and unsupervised machine learning problems
- Ability to research, learn, and apply new techniques, such as graph processing and deep learning
- Advanced knowledge and application experience with dimensionality reduction, clustering, and sequence classification algorithms (teaching experience a plus)
- 2+ years experience with Machine Learning packages: ScikitLearn, Pytorch, TensorFLow (teaching experience a plus)
- 2+ years experience with NLP methods such as Topic Modeling, Embedding, Context understanding, Summarization, Search relevance, Key-word ranking (teaching experience a plus)
- Real world experience with fine tuning transformers and large language models, BERT, GPT 2 or 3, etc.
- Experience in working with Computer Vision techniques
- Significant experience deploying ML models, AI solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code
- Strong technical architecture, design, deployment and operational level knowledge of AI platforms, standards, protocols and devices
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision
- Good technical cloud knowledge
- Ability to make decisions with management approval
- Ability to provide both detail information and summarize to a management level
- Ability to work on ambiguous problems / projects of moderate complexity
- Ability to provide oversight to vendor resources when assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.