Cirium, a LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company
Explore the World
Cirium brings together powerful date and analytics to keep the world moving. We match an intrapreneurial approach with decades of experience in aviation and air travel. Enabling airlines, airports, travel companies, tech giants, aircraft manufacturers, financial institutions and many more to accelerate digital transformations. Be part of our mission and strategy to activate data fluency around the industry. With us, you will drive change, work with the industry's most talented people and advance your career opportunities.
Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE
Cirium is looking for a forward-thinking senior data engineer to join our Data Tooling technology team out of Alpharetta, GA. Will be a home-based employee. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented Agile team as we scale up to build new, next-gen platform and services using modern, scalable technologies. The successful candidate should have experience working with data pipelines and a passion for understanding data in an interesting, complex domain.
As a member of the Data Tooling team, you will be able to develop the tools and systems to allow our data specialists to manage the data pipeline, from ingesting flight schedule data and connections data from over 800 airlines to producing a global schedule product. This global data set is a fundamental part of our business and is used downstream by many other teams and products across Cirium.
First and foremost you need to have the right character and attitude; we work in a truly cross-functional and highly collaborative environment. There is of course a baseline of skills that we are looking for, and you should be able to demonstrate skills in the following:
Experience with some/all of the following would be valuable to us:
- Fluent in Python
- Advanced experience in SQL and working with various database technologies
- Strong experience with Parquet, ORC, or other big data columnar storage format
- Experience building big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience with a majority of the AWS big data stack (S3, IAM, Glue ETL, Glue Catalog, Glue Crawlers, Athena, EMR, SageMaker, Zeppelin)
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Good interpersonal and written communication as well as problem-solving skills
- Happy to learn new technologies and keep abreast of new technology developments
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Experience & Education
- CI/CD experience using tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Terraform (or other infrastructure-as-code toolsets)
- Designing / architecting software and software patterns
Who is Cirium?
- 5+ years of professional Data Engineering experience
- BS Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience required
Our team delivers industry insights, built from decades of experience in the sector, enabling travel companies, aircraft manufacturers, airports, airlines, and financial institutions, among others, to make logical and informed decisions that shape the future of travel, growing revenues, and enhancing customer experiences.
We are a global company with 12 offices around the world and approximately 500 people in our team. Over 20 languages are spoken here, and our leaders may have grey or sometimes purple hair. Whatever your background, you are welcome to join us.
We are looking for dynamic and talented people that never stand still and can contribute to our continuous success. A Few Extra Facts About Us
- Cirium is part of RELX PLC, a FTSE 100 global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers with over 30,000 employees, 8,000 of which are technologists.
- We partner with the industries core associations such as the International Airline Trade Association (IATA).
- One of our offices is on the runway at Heathrow, and another has its own bar, The Spruce Goose.
- We have great benefits (including two days of charitable activity per year).
- Our consultancy team have the largest group of ISTAT Certified Appraisers and have been recognized as the Aircraft Appraiser of the Year, an Aviation 100 Award, seven times out of nine years.
- Cirium and RBI are founding members of the Tech Talent Charter, committed to increasing the ratio of women and under-represented groups working in technology.
- Cirium is a part of LexisNexis Risk Solutions (LNRS) division of RELX. LexisNexis provides business information, data and analytics solutions to many of the world's biggest industries. Likewise, RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.