At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess where we sell Planova® virus removal filters and develops and manufactures related bioprocess equipment.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess (AKB) provides pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturers with a comprehensive suite of tools to maximize safety and improve yields of biotherapeutics during research, clinical and commercial-scale production. PlanovaTM virus-removal filters anchor a diverse product portfolio defined by quality, consistency and scalability. Additional areas of expertise include liquid chromatography, inline buffer dilution and oligonucleotide synthesis.
We are a growing team (120+) of professionals excited about what we do and our ability to impact healthcare delivery systems worldwide. We offer a "big company" benefits package and a "small company" culture and work environment. Every employee at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America can impact our future.
As an Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America employee, you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Great health and wellness benefits with the company paying over 80% of insurance premiums
- Paid time off
- Strong company match to 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Paid parental leave
- Giving Program
We are currently looking for a Senior Assembly Specialist
to join our team at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess! The person in this role will be responsible for assembly and qualification of DAC and SCS columns, hydraulic pump carts, and other pieces of column equipment. The Senior Assembly Specialist will also perform pre-assembly functions such as drawing review, assembly hardware take-off, qualification test form generation, as well as column troubleshooting and repair. Additionally, the Senior Assembly Specialist will work across departmental lines to expedite equipment builds and acts as a liaison between Assembly, QC, Engineering, and assists research and development projects as needed.Responsibilities:
- Use engineering technical drawings, datasheets, BOMs, and P&IDs to lead assemblers in accurate assembly of bio/pharma equipment.
- Responsible for take-off lists and ordering requests for hardware and assembly components.
- Assist Production Manager - Columns in oversight of procurement schedules and coordination of production.
- Update Column Team assembly tracking software (ClickUp).
- Review QC Inspection Reports of Column fabricated parts (e.g. MTRs, C of Cs, vendor's supporting documentation).
- Determine courses of action to repair parts failed in QC.
- Uses the QMS to enter nonconformances and monitor issue resolution.
- Assist in leading and providing technical support to FATs and SATs.
- Coordinate pre-shipment activities with QA department including review of equipment and documentation.
- Issue materials from Inventory to Jobs and Spare Parts Orders.
- Provide technical training to employees and customers.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Two years technical college degree (Associates).
- Ten years assembly/manufacturing experience.
- Experience as a senior or lead technician preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.