Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking an experienced Registered Architect with broad technical knowledge of construction methods, design, sustainability, and industry advancements to join our A/E Design Team in Portland, Maine. This is an opportunity to work with our talented staff of Architects and Engineers in one of Wood's focused growth areas. Our North Atlantic Operations is a multi-disciplinary architecture/engineering/science team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for helping grow our operation into one of Wood's premiere architecture service centers by providing technical architectural expertise and mentoring, as well as delivering excellence in sustainable and functional architectural designs for facilities across a variety of markets including Federal, State, Municipal, Industrial, and Commercial.
Recent and ongoing projects include the design of building renovations and new construction for Federal and State office buildings, museums, and visitor facilities; industrial office space, manufacturing areas, warehouses, and maintenance facilities; architecturally-driven pedestrian bridge designs; and high-security government and radar facilities. We also have several ongoing design standards development projects for Federal agencies.
The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise with the development of bid and construction documents and will lead multi-disciplinary project teams from concept design through completion of construction. A s a leader both internally and externally, you will participate in Wood's Global Technical Expert Network to collaborate across regions and partner with client account managers to promote Wood's Building and Facilities Practice. The ideal candidate will work primarily from Wood's Portland, Maine office but can work from home part-time in our flexible work environment.
- Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, designers, and sub-consultants to complete design and technical portions of projects on-time and within budget
- Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques, and sustainability into various projects including all aspects across disciplines
- Provide technical leadership; supervise the preparation and check the accuracy of deliverables
- Attract, mentor, and coach junior and mid-level staff, developing their careers as seller-doers
- Act as primary contact with Clients
- Collaborate with Wood's other design centers to grow A/E opportunities and develop new business
- Lead proposal development efforts
- May travel to project sites, client offices or other Wood offices, including sites remote from the office
Skills / Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program; Master's degree in Architecture a plus
- Registered Architect; NCARB certificate holder and multi-state registration a plus
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of building, life safety, and accessibility codes
- Strong experienced in completing feasibility studies, analysis, space planning and detailed design
- Strong knowledge of design, industry advancements, construction methodology, and sustainable design practices
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a range of multi-discipline projects from concept through detailed design and construction completion
- Demonstrated capability and interest to work in support of engineering-driven projects as well as architecturally driven projects
- Demonstrated maturity in judgement and initiative, and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion
- Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Civilian Federal Agency and DoD project experience strongly preferred
- LEED accreditation and/or WELL accreditation a plus
- Experienced user of industry-standard software
Why join our Portland Wood Team? As the successful candidate, you will join an established architecture team of 10+people within a 100+person multi-discipline design center that has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow. We are composed of a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find sustainable solutions for our diverse and increasing customer base. Our team is recognized as a leader in architectural design nationwide within Wood and is known in the industry for delivering high-quality designs with technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Portland, Maine team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like, flexible work environment
while also having a large international organization's structure, resources, and opportunities
. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone. This is an opportunity to work with our talented Architects and Engineers in one of Wood's focused growth areas. If this appeals to you, we would like the opportunity to discuss with you further as we grow our team to support our current workload and advance strategic planning towards our future vision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.