Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
ÂIn 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR â‚ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess :
- Perform physical, chemical, and instrumental analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished pharmaceutical products (tablets, capsules, parenterals, devices, liquids, creams, and gels) and animal health products
- Prepare standards and samples for analysis
- Run the instrumentation independently including, but not limited to, various chromatographic systems, Karl Fischer (Coulometric and Volumetric), UV/Spec, various wet chemistry analyses, HPLC, IC, and dissolution apparatus; perform monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Performs laboratory operations with good dexterity, good laboratory techniques, and high degree of accuracy and precision
- Prepare reagents, samples, and standards according to procedures
- Document testing, observations, deviations, and results clearly and completely
- Understand and perform calculations as required by test methods
- Process data, generate reports, and evaluate data
- Understand and utilize computers for information access, calculations, and report preparation
- Read and understand analytical procedures (compendial and client supplied) and internal SOPs
- Train others in laboratory procedures
- Communicate with vendors and repair personnel; Facilitate conference calls with clients, act as technical lead
- Lead projects/test areas and perform method transfers/feasibility studies
- Execute validation projects and write validation reports
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Review simple routine and non-routine laboratory data for one or more areas according to departmental, corporate, and client SOPs; read and understand analytical procedures; make sure all work is performed according to GLP/GMP requirements; perform simple calculations
- Performs laboratory work on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis with other members of the department
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Commitment to occasional overtime as workload requires; work overtime and/or adjust working hours when necessary to meet client requirements
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Due to the size of the site, employees are required to flex into positions and activities outside their normally assigned duties as workload requires and as trained. These activities require working in all departments including QA, microbiology, chemistry, and general support for laboratory operations.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or other related degree concentration, orequivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least three years related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time on 2nd shift. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Portage, MIÂare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays