At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Microelectronics where we are expanding partnerships with leading companies for Asahi Kasei sensors and semiconductor products in the Americas.
AKM Semiconductor, Inc
AKMS is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team! Under general direction, the Sr. Accountant is responsible for managing, monitoring and evaluating the general ledger, accounts receivable; accounts payable/payroll. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including month-end close, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting and external/internal audit preparation. The individual for this role has 5-10 years of experience, with two in a managerial role and is skilled in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail. This individual also has proven ability to systematically enhance processes and drive improvements, adapt to changing organizational and operational needs and can work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders
- Review and evaluate existing accounting systems, control systems, and reporting procedures to determine their functionality and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with key accounting internal controls over financial reporting.
- Make recommendations regarding the revision of existing and/or the development of new systems and procedures, as appropriate. Implement such systems and procedures, as approved.
- Prepare and/or revise accounting policies and procedures to reflect new accounting pronouncements or guidance, to improve clarity or to respond to changing circumstances.
- Establish, maintain, and implement accounting control procedures by:
- monitoring payments and expenses
- coordinate the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data
- prepare special reports.
- Prepare and/or supervises the preparation of complex accounting, auditing and financial reports, statements, and other documents.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and financial forecast.
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure deadlines are met, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements. Prepare the quarterly consolidation package for the holding company.
- Review all entries, including journal entries, AP and AR processes.
- Oversee, organize, and take full responsibility for a successful company's audit.
- Interface with external auditors; provide documentation and evidence of compliance to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Liaise with outsourced service provider. Lead and oversee their bookkeeping work.
- Monitor compliance of the Company's accounting policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Identify accounting process improvements. Provide advice on technical accounting issues, accounting practices and business process improvements.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and provide variances analysis to management.
- Prepare and analyze other internal financial reports and account reconciliations to validate accuracy of the accounting and to identify trends. Understand the business activities driving these trends.
- Lead the daily activities for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Monitor payments and remittances for the purchases of products for sales and office supplies. Sign checks and approve wire transfers and ACHs.
- Monitor receipts of payments for Invoices and due of receivables.
- Prepare some tax returns, ex. Sales/Use tax, Property tax.
- Provide information to outside tax accountants to prepare federal and state income and franchise tax returns.
- Liaise with bankers. Maintain and build relationships with bankers.
- Manage the liquidity to ensure that there is has adequate cash resources.
- Maintain annual registrations in required states.
- Respond to surveys from local, state or federal agencies.
- Expect to make tactful decisions to keep projects and processes on track.
- Selects from multiple procedures and methods to complete tasks.
- MA or BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required; CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting with 2 or more years in a managerial role, preferably in the semiconductor or electronics industry.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license preferred.
- Skilled in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to systematically enhance processes and drive improvements.
- Adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Federal and state financial regulations
- Transfer price regulations.
- Finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Balance sheet and income statement methods, internal and credit controls, and other areas related to financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Analyze complex financial data: [reports, statements and projections]
- build complex financial models in Microsoft Excel and present results to management.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Email & Calendar.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.