This job has expired.
Description: *This position is not open to C2C or Independent Contractors*
Our client is currently seeking a Security Visualization Engineer to join their team remotely. As a member of the Wireless Security Engineering team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on development of visualization of security risks of the 5g critical systems.
Required Skills: Hypervisor, Splunk, log monitoring, coding experience (Java preferred)
• Design process for consumption and visualization of security logs from vendor systems into a central Splunk • Work with Security Engineers in developing use cases for visualization • Develop data models to support the visualization • Distill security feeds from the Core and RAN systems and generate visualization based on identified data models • Validate log sources and indexed data, search through indexed data to optimize search criteria.
• Add Customer Context, eliminate noise and false positives, and develop trends • Create custom alert schema, reports, and custom dashboards.
• Design process for transfer of critical security logs to Security Operations Center, and ensure connectivity for log transfer
• Familiarity with server-side scripting • Drive complex deployments of Splunk dashboards and reports while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases • Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
• Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads Setup etc.) • Experience with implementing and administering Splunk.
• Good understanding with virtualization technologies (Hypervisor, VMware, etc.) • Apps/Dashboards for license usage and Application errors.
• Experience with Linux and Windows agents for Splunk administration with a solid understanding of the Splunk system.
• Ability to create operations documentation for maintaining the Splunk infrastructure.
• Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new application tiers introduced into the environment.
• Identifying bad searches/dashboards and partnering with the creators to improve performance.
• Troubleshooting Splunk performance issues / Opening support cases with Splunk.
• Monitor the Splunk infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization.
• Troubleshoot log feeds, field extractions, search time, etc.
• Provide Granular, Role-based Security.
• Restrict access to sensitive logs/data • Experience in onboarding new data, inputting new information, Creating new dashboards, Extraction info through Splunk • Report generation ad customization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Five to seven years of relevant experience
• Splunk Admin Certification
• Experience with databases
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com