*****SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW*****
At Interface, it's the human equation that drives us.
Interface Security Systems is a leading managed services provider delivering managed network, asset protection, and business intelligence solutions to distributed enterprises. We streamline operations, improve security, reduce IT costs, and enhance the customer experience, maximizing ROI for the nation's most successful brands.
At Interface, we are passionate about connecting and protecting what matters most to businesses ... their people, their assets and their brand. We thrive on empowering distributed enterprises with solutions that help simplify complex challenges. We deliver nothing less than complete customer satisfaction through innovative and adaptive technology, customized services and relentless customer support. What enables us to be truly exceptional are our people and a culture where teamwork, respect and an innovative spirit thrive.
So, come and join our winning team and maximize your potential and achieve your professional development goals.
SECURITY ALARM TECHNICIAN
Interface Security Systems is one provider who can do it all, safely integrating network and security needs into one highly reliable and cost-effective bundle. With privately monitored and managed broadband, video monitoring, security and life safety, digital voice, and new business intelligence capabilities, we are uniquely equipped to meet the rapidly changing technology demands of today's retail, commercial and small business enterprises. Our services include providing evaluation, engineering, installation and maintenance of the active and passive components that comprise: Fire systems, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance, Security Access Control,
Commercial Alarm - Install - Service
In this position, you will perform surveys and assist in troubleshooting and maintaining Fire Systems, Burglar Alarms, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions. As a Security Alarm Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing, key and PBX systems, security and video surveillance systems, wireless devices, and cable pathways. This will also include installing various electronic components and cables including terminating, testing, labeling and documenting horizontal, backbone & other cables. Furthermore,
Specific duties for this Security Alarm Technician role include, but are not limited to:
Job Requirements Job Requirements
- Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both commercial and residential.
- Work in the field with the most efficient methods to solve service issues.
- Customer training as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting physical inventory counts.
- Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items according to company policy.
- Install twisted pair, coax, power limited tray, stranded, solid conductor low voltage, single mode fiber optical and multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs.
- Dress and route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental and Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects and work orders.
- Interface with the end-user and coordinate with vendors for each project.
- Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site level.
The position is full time and includes rotating 24/7 on-call duties.
We are looking for a self-driven and customer-focused experienced Field Technician who combines excellent leadership and problem-solving skills, with a strong mechanical and technical aptitude to exceed customers' expectations. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a highly technical and fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to maintain and portray a positive attitude committed to consistently performing high-quality work.QUALIFICATIONS
Commercial Alarm Technician - Install -Service
- High School Diploma or GED; Vocational/Technical/Business School, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- NICET CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS.
- Verifiable field experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Solid comprehension of the terminology pertaining to the installation and service of telecom, data, security and wireless systems.
- Solid Comprehension of the publications pertaining to standard telecom, data, security and wireless systems practices, engineering and Federal, State and local safety standards.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to pass applicable state and federal background checks in order to become a registered security installer.
- Comfortable using small hand tools and power tools.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Physical demands include:
- Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Heavy physical effort.
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts and roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying loads up and down stairs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel overnight
Interface offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.