MV Transportation is seeking a Scheduler, who is a valued member of the team and is responsible for optimizing service requests so that trips are routed in a way that maximizes on-time performance and meets customer expectations. This position must be proficient in the Trapeze software and its best use practices. He/she creates initial routes in Trapeze and then makes manual adjustments for improved performance.
- Research and analyze scheduled trip requests using the Trapeze Scheduling software.
- Match trip requests to a route that will ensure timely pick-up from origin or arrival to destination.
- Analyze batched trip to ensure they are optimized to on the assigned route.
- Research and correct schedule violations breach of on-board violations, incorrect vehicle capacities, and trips that requested outside of the defined service area.
- Ensure that at the end of the scheduling process, OTP goals are reached, and route schedules are adequate to allow for timely performance.
- Perform various dispatching duties as assigned.
- Perform various payroll duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience using Trapeze in a scheduling environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Basic computer skills and ability operate Microsoft Office programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively and working coordination with other departments is critical.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent customer services skills.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.