Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for developing/managing relationships and executing business plans in the Las Vegas, NV area.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing world class relationships with major home center retail partners such as The Home Depot and Lowe's. They also increase in-store presence of ScottsMiracle-Gro brands through the assessment of local market opportunities, developing sales/marketing plans, and supervising the work of Merchandisers & Counselors.
In this role you will:
The perfect person will have:
- Analyze business opportunities and threats
- Utilize strategic selling tactics by analyzing and preparing key metrics to educate our home center retail partners on business opportunities
- Effectively advise customers through metric updates and business reviews
- Manage and direct the work of Merchandisers including planning, scheduling and delegating work assignments along with providing ongoing feedback
- Develop recruiting plans, interviewing, and making hiring decisions to build out your Merchandiser team
- Coaching and developing career paths for each associate on your team
- Provide job training and communicate product knowledge across the portfolio of Scotts brands
- Manage your budget by effectively controlling expenditures
- Develop retail sales/marketing plans and other creative marketing tools and events
- Assist retailers in the proper merchandising of Scotts' product lines including the use of point-of- purchase materials, as appropriate, to meet the account's needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years of prior field sales, account management or retail management experience in a people management capacity
- Current valid driver's license and ability to drive on a regular basis
- Demonstrated sales presentation skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during in-season periods
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 45 lbs, and climb an 8-12 foot ladder and reach overhead
- Strong delegation skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.