Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for developing/managing relationships and executing business plans in the Buffalo NY area
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing world class relationships with major home center retail partners such as The Home Depot and Lowe's. They also increase in-store presence of ScottsMiracle-Gro brands through the assessment of local market opportunities, developing sales/marketing plans, and supervising the work of Merchandisers & Counselors.
In this role you will:
The perfect person will have:
- Analyze business opportunities and threats
- Utilize strategic selling tactics by analyzing and preparing key metrics to educate our home center retail partners on business opportunities
- Effectively advise customers through metric updates and business reviews
- Manage and direct the work of Merchandisers including planning, scheduling and delegating work assignments along with providing ongoing feedback
- Develop recruiting plans, interviewing, and making hiring decisions to build out your Merchandiser team
- Coaching and developing career paths for each associate on your team
- Provide job training and communicate product knowledge across the portfolio of Scotts brands
- Manage your budget by effectively controlling expenditures
- Develop retail sales/marketing plans and other creative marketing tools and events
- Assist retailers in the proper merchandising of Scotts' product lines including the use of point-of- purchase materials, as appropriate, to meet the account's needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years of prior field sales, account management or retail management experience in a people management capacity
- Current valid driver's license and ability to drive on a regular basis
- Demonstrated sales presentation skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during in-season periods
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 45 lbs, and climb an 8-12 foot ladder and reach overhead
- Strong delegation skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law
This job has expired.