ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world and proprietor of the world's largest suite of gaming websites. We work with globally known brands to create killer events and deliver once-in-a-lifetime in person, hybrid, video and editorial experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPOP believes in a "fan first" philosophy and a creative, cooperative, competitive open office environment. ReedPOP is a small and nimble group of people who are part of Reed Exhibitions, the largest producer of trade shows in the world. We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large organization. Our customers include Marvel, DC Entertainment, Disney, Lucasfilm, Red Bull, and Chevrolet. We reach over 500,000 million fans in person and over 60M unique users per month online.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, have an inquisitive mind, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. Our office hours may be 8:30 to 5, but we want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our customers. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first.
This role will focus on acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers for our events and websites. You will drive increases in year-on-year volume by establishing, developing and maintaining strong and meaningful relationships with key account personnel for all existing, returning, and new accounts.
The ideal candidate will:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Work well with ambiguity
- Demonstrate an understanding of digital media
- Be a Creative thinker
- Have the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
- Be a team player
- Work across the ReedPOP and RXNA internal organization
- Be highly organized
- Demonstrate Self-confidence
- Ability to make decisions on the fly
- Must possess the ability to follow through the entire sales cycle with a high attention to detail
- Ability to self manage monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets for your assigned territory
- Ability to understand and sell multiple products across multiple events
- Ability to understand and articulate media inventory and products across our video channels and websites
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Travel and weekend work required
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Focus on the retention of all current and previously lapsed (to be assigned) exhibiting customers
- Develop individual selling strategy designed to generate an increase in annual sales volume, ensuring attainment of 100% of sales target
- Successfully manage to all productivity standards and adhere to all selling best practices and standards including: inputting accurate and complete data; managing territory; daily output goals; assigned budgets
- Proactively monitor industry trends, competitive environment, climate, players, distribution and issues to make recommendations regarding sales strategy of specific events
- Sell at competitive shows and prepare competitive show analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner, including recommended actions necessary to increase sales from these leads
- Work with sales management to develop ongoing retention strategies, tools, and programs to drive annual increase in overall event retention for assigned territory
- Oversee the attainment of signed contracts and ensure that payments are made in full
- Participate in company training programs
- Comfort in dealing with partners, vendors, contractors, brand ambassadors, etc.
- Two or more year's prior sales experience required (sales experience in the event, sponsorship and digital media industries preferred)
- College degree preferred; or equivalent business training or experience
- Knowledge of sales, particularly video, telephone and in-person sales techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reed Exhibition Companies reserves the right, solely at their discretion, to change the nature and level of this positionThe job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO and maintain up to date vaccination as recommended by the CDC. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.