Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Safety Technician is responsible for the day to day interactions with employees and Managers supporting a wide range of critical programs and assessments. The role will work with employees and Managers in the Loveland facility and the Corporate EHS team to ensure adherence to the Nordson Journey to Zero program. The Safety Technician will be the primary onsite contact for for the implementation, enforcement and maintenance of policies to ensure safe and health
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Leads Zero Incident Safety Culture- Leads Zero Incident Safety Culture competency required skills to build an EHS culture where every employee feels responsible for safety in the workplace and protects their personal well-being and the well-being of their colleagues.
- Responsible for training new hires on Safety protocols and ensuring current employees are informed of changes, etc.
- Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Work with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Partners with other functional support/engineering teams to ensure plant projects, changes, upgrades and modifications adhere to and meet the "Change Management" processes; assists Continuous Improvement engineering team with building and grounds capital projects as required.
- Responsible to maintain the compliance for the facility (FDA,EPA, OSHA etc)
- Lead, schedule and document regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Create detailed chronological timelines for employee injuries, accidents or incidents. Coordinate, investigate, train and enforce the process with Supervisors and Managers to ensure compliance with the company program is enforced.
- Partner with CI team and Operations to drive NBS Next for the facility
- Improve Employee Engagement by actively partnering with ALL plant personnel on safety programs
- Support the implementation of all required Safety and Environmental training to employees.
- Coordinate plant security and loss control efforts.
- Compiles required safety performance metric data for the company specific injury/illness log and for reporting to government agencies and to Value Plastics performance metric measurement databases.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities and / or preventable measures
- Work with Supervisors and Managers to integrate safety into the day-to-day activites of all employees and make recommendations to management to reduce the frequency of safety items and injuries.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA and Colorado and local regulations.
- Prepare reports and ensure actions are taken to resolve any discrepancies and workplace safety concerns.
- Lead the Safety Observation program / team; track monthly
- Schedule and coordianate the annual hearing tests
- Must effectively communicate with all of these persons, teams or departments.
- Value Plastics, Inc. operates a Monday thru Friday shift, 1st and 2nd shift as well as a 4-10 hour shift for Friday thru Monday. The Safety Coordiantor must be willing to work occasional overtime to ensure the Safety practices are being practiced on all shifts and positions.
- Others duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or Bachelors degree required
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and Colorado state guidelines, rules and regulations.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant manufacturing industry experience and Safety Coorindation experience
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system in a networked environment.
- Ability to use advanced functions in most standard office applications. Functional understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Proficient once trained in the use of IFS as it applies to the daily job functions.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Customer Service Oriented
- Results Oriented/Accountability
- Professional Work Relations/Teamwork
- Knowledge of Job/Comprehension/Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge/Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Analysis/Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Safety Awareness
- Leverages Technology
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary, stand, sit and/or bend frequently or for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange verbal and written information.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
Base Salary Range for this position is $17.80 to $25.45; shift premium may be available depending on shift associated with the specific job opportunity. Benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time off and paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including our Matching Gifts Program.Travel Required
Estimated 10%Equal Opportunity Statement
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.