The Branch Safety Supervisor will assist Shamrock Foods Company (SFC) entities to identify the Safety, OSHA, DOT and Food Safety requirements, set clearly defined objectives, targets and track the success of the Branch results. The Branch Safety Supervisor will enable their respective Branches organizations to effectively identify and manage progress towards achieving the OSHA, DOT and Food Safety objectives and targets put in place to reduce or control significant identified defects.
- Conduct safety audits of facilities to pinpoint unsafe working conditions, practices and develop sound recommendations for corrections. Conduct regular Accident Review Council meetings to review Accidents/Injuries to determine corrective actions.
- Responsible for assisting in audits performed for customers or by third party auditor.
- Conducts activities to support the Safety / Compliance Teams, such as auditing and investigation of food safety, OSHA, DOT policy violations, measured by regulatory, investigation and audit results.
- Update management on the status of SFC's safety program by utilizing monthly and quarterly reports supplied by Director of RMS. Coordinate training with different departments to fill gaps as needed; Flowchart Enterprise Safety and identify roles/responsibilities of each individual.
- Works cross-functionally with other departments to address customer or business issues and resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Be a part of the Policy Review Committee and provide input into changes in Policies, including the development of new Policies needed to facilitate OSHA/DOT or Food Safety compliance.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations.
- Responsible to conduct warehouse safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards.
- Designs training for all levels of employees & ensures personnel training and corrective action follow up are completed.
- Ensure appropriate training is completed and properly documented for safety sensitive occupations to include forklift training & certification of warehouse personnel by location & equipment.
- Responsible for tracking OSHA compliance and documents related to OSHA/DOT and Food Safety Compliance.
- Work with Branch Safety Manager in documenting and coordinating all modified/Light Duty associates as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Compensation of $60,000 to $80,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills. Corporate Summary:
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook skills
- Maintain current knowledge of state and federal guidelines and statutes, as well as other compliance.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Security, DOT/OSHA, and compliance.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Our Mission:
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends." Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.