Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 6264
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Primary responsibility will be precision transfer of ultra-fine wire to miniature bobbins, annealing process and inspection. This position is a cross-function and will be trained in the operation of the respool and tinsel equipment with primary shift as 3rd shift. This position will serve as backup in areas as needed.
Hours:11:30 PM to 7:30 AM
1. Read and verify shop packets for product specifications using BPCS computer system.
2. Set up machines to provide proper footage, weight and tension per spool.
3. Inspect finished bobbin/spool of wire for visible signs of blisters, sags, or softness of wire wraps, poor spooling, poor surface condition, wavy or damaged spool flanges and perform required quality test. Inspect material to ensure conformance to process traveler specifications - overall diameter, elongation, break pounds, tensile and resistance.
4. Identify product, label product accordingly and send product to next state of process.
5. Identify parts and function of machinery. Perform preventative maintenance.
6. Measures diameter of bare wire with both micrometer and laser.
7. Record heat and speeds for each annealing oven. (7)
8. Tinsel: Precison transfer of fine wire to reels, annealing, hot dip tim, Mueller and Respooling processes as well as final inspection. Measures diameter of bare wire with both micrometer and laser. This is performed on round feed wire as well as flat.
Education / Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED supplemented by advanced on-the-job training. Additional certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required.
• Knowledge of the principles and methods used in statistical processing, product catalog numbers and numbering system, conversion methods (wire from pounds to feet, kilograms, grams, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, establishing and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
• Ability to work without supervision.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employees is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to loud noise and extreme heat.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago