12 Hour Day Shift
MacNeal Hospital's Emergency Department is a Level II Trauma Center with two dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms in our 26-bed Emergency Department. We are Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) recognized. We support an acuity-based staffing model in our fast paced environment and provide care to a wide range of patients allowing our RN's to grown and gain valuable experience. Our team consists of Board Certified Physicians, Residents, Case Management, Behavioral Health Intake Counselors, Patient Care Techs, and Pharmacists.
The level II Registered Nurse 2 functions to protect promote and optimize health and abilities of those in their care. Works to prevent illness and injury, facilitate healing, and alleviate suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations. Executes their duties through clinical and professional practice standards. Nursing practices evolves over time as one gains experience and knowledge through clinical practice and ongoing learning.
Uses the nursing process (Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning,Implementation/Coordination/Teachingand Promotion, Evaluation) to guide practice and respond to patient needs.
• Gathers pertinent data and information relative to patients' health status and needs and analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems or issues.
• Identifies expected outcomes or goals of care based on a plan to individualize care and in collaboration with patients, families, groups, communities or populations served.
• Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected outcomes or goals.
• Nurses systematically implement the individualized care plan, facilitates the coordination of care with inter and intra-professional colleagues and employs strategies for health teaching and promotion.
• Evaluates progress toward achieving defined outcomes/goals and change the plan if necessary.
• Implements evidenced-based approaches to care.
Expected to engage in professional role activities, including leadership, appropriate to their education and position. Accountable for their professional actions to themselves, their healthcare consumers, their peers and to society.
•Uses resources and speaks up to help evaluate situations where unethical behavior is in question. Consults other professionals to initiate ethical consults when needed.
• Works with a questioning attitude raises clinical concerns. Uses current literature toguide practice and offer ideas for improve practice and outcomes.
• Implements practices that are congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
• Communicates effectively and speaks up when communication from others is not clear and may endanger the safety of patients, families, groups, communities or colleagues. Effective verbal and written communication in the form of documentation in the medical record are essential to effective practice. Seeks assistance to resolve conflict if unable to resolve independently.
• Collaboration with patients and families is essential in developing an effective plan of care and nurses must collaborate inter and intra-professionally for effective practice.Actively participates in interdisciplinary care planning.
• The level of leadership for a Registered Nurse 2 (RN 2) is consistent with the level of experience, knowledge and licensure. Must delegate appropriately and effectively to unlicensed assistive personnel and ensure the quality of work. Effectively evaluates the completion of delegated care and provides feedback to unlicensed assistive personnel and other nurses.
Caring is an essential component of nursing practice and demonstrated through concrete acts, interpersonal connections, verbal and nonverbal communication. Nurses also promote self-care and care for the environment and society.
Advocates for safety in patient care and within the work environment by raising concerns, reporting safety events, reporting conditions that could cause a safety event (near misses), by participating in investigation of safety events and improvement efforts and by implementing best practices to improve safety.
Demonstrates the Trinity Health/Loyola Medicine values in every interaction with patients, families, visitors, colleagues and providers.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Buffalo, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago
Buffalo, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted 33 minutes ago