Washington, District of Columbia
- Assist with testing, configuring, updating, and troubleshooting the department's current electronic tools, resources, and systems by working with vendors, IT, and research staff.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment and enhancement efforts of the department to select, implement, and provide access to electronic resources.
- Coordinates with Research Operations group regarding passwords and access related to staff arrival and departure workflows and maintaining online subscriptions.
- Assists in administration and updating of the electronic resource management tool Onelog.
- Monitors the workflow ticketing system and responds to user inquiries concerning electronic resource access and issues.
- Creates and updates user awareness documentation for digital research resources, including but not limited to access instructions and troubleshooting information.
- Works cooperatively with Research Services and other departments to promote the use of digital tools and resources to serve our users.
- Implements and supports authentication methods as appropriate, including the use of IP authentication, password, SSO, and API technology in compliance with associated licensing agreements.
- Assists in video production, editing, and uploading of training presentations to firm's course site
- Assists in providing regular updates to Research Services management and staff on the status of ongoing projects and resolution of electronic resources issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
- Working hours may vary in order to support the team in all US time zones / throughout the US domestic offices.
A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree in Library Science (MLS) is preferred, or a master's degree in another specialty may be considered in lieu of the MLS. A minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical or research role may be substituted for the master's degree.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong technology and analytics skills, with attention to detail and quality of work product with demonstrated initiative, task management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Keen interest in innovation and technology, and ability to quickly learn new platforms and appropriate technological solutions to support changing operational goals and institutional needs.
- Strong customer service orientation, with experience communicating with technical and non-technical peers; including excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with diverse people.
Preferred experience with and understanding of legal research workflow and previous experience relating to research and analysis.
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, OneNote, Teams, and Outlook, and familiarity with SharePoint.
- Familiarity with video conferencing and video editing tools
- Familiarity with legal research platforms such as Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, VitalLaw, PACER, HeinOnline, and others preferred
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the California Fair Chance Act.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at PillsburyWorkday@pillsburylaw.com .
This job has expired.