Meta Reality Labs Meta is looking for a Research Scientist with experience in machine learning and signal processing to advance our pioneering work in neuromotor interfaces, which has grown out of the acquisition of CTRL-Labs. We're building a practical neuromotor interface that can facilitate fast text input with minimal learning effort, and draws on the rich neuromotor signals that can be measured noninvasively at the wrist using surface electromyography (EMG). This technology will become one of the main pillars for interaction with the virtual and augmented world.EMG signals are similar in many ways to other neural and speech signals and can be analyzed using similar approaches. For example, the task of transcribing characters typed on a keyboard from wrist-based EMG is analogous to that of automatic speech recognition.Our research lies at the intersection of computational neuroscience, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, motor learning, AR/VR and human-computer interaction. We're looking for people who want to shape the future of novel interaction techniques and user experiences. Help us unleash human potential by removing the bottlenecks between user intent and action.
Research Scientist, CTRL - Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Build cutting-edge machine learning and signal processing models to advance neuromotor interface capabilities
- Collaborate with engineering and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) teams to deploy models that leverage fundamental scientific knowledge into new technology and user experiences
- Use quantitative research methods to define, iterate upon and advance key areas of our research agenda
- Develop research-grade code for deployment in research prototypes
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- PhD in one of the following fields: deep learning, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer science, robotics, computational neuroscience, signal processing, speech and language technologies, computer vision, or related fields
- Publications at top peer-reviewed AI/ML conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, Interspeech, ICASSP, CVPR, and ICCV)
- Research-oriented software engineering skills, including fluency with libraries for scientific computing (e.g., SciPy ecosystem) and machine learning (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Pandas)
- Proficiency with quantitative methods (mathematics, statistics) and experience learning new technical knowledge and skills rapidly
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 2+ years of experience after PhD working autonomously to design, execute, interpret, and present research studies
- Multiple first-author publications at top peer-reviewed AI/ML conferences and journals (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, JMLR, ACL, EMNLP, Interspeech, ICASSP, CVPR, ICCV)
- Experience driving original scholarship in collaboration with a team
- Experience bringing machine learning-based products from research to production
- Experience with interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural collaboration
- Experience in the analysis and modeling of high dimensional time series, such as neural signals, multi-channel audio recordings, multi-modal/multi-sensor signals, robotic sensory signals, financial time series, video, or other sensor modalities
- Experience with speech enhancement, speech recognition, speech synthesis, source separation, audio event detection and classification, audio scene recognition, microphone arrays, beamforming, or related topics
- Experience with real-time signal processing and/or human-computer interaction
- Experience with large scale cluster computing for machine learning modeling
- Experience developing end-to-end ML pipelines, including dataset preprocessing, model development and evaluation, and software integration
- Experience in software engineering in industry
- Experience with scientific communication tools (Jupyter, Matplotlib)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.