BSD BMD - Research Staff: Tang Lab
About the Department
Our overall mission continues to be the elucidation of fundamental mechanisms responsible for carcinogenesis and metastasis and to exploit this knowledge to develop effective therapies and prevention strategies that will significantly diminish or eliminate the threat and lethality of cancer.
The job facilitates and promotes a research project or contributes to the scientific direction of a research resource. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Serves as a resource for collecting data and performing analysis. Contributes to facilitating and promoting a research project by providing scientific or intellectual information.
- Leads the contributions to scientific writing and publications, including protocols and grants.
- Reviews laboratory protocols and training on new techniques. Manage complex data sets for research.
- Trains new laboratory personnel.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a PhD in related field.---
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.---
- Recent Ph.D. or equivalent degree in structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field.
- A demonstrable record of research success as evidenced by publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals.
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Experience with protein expression and purification, drug discovery, crystallography or macromolecular microscopy is highly desirable.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a research team to join an R01-supported research project focused on investigating the structure and function of human proteases that degrade amyloid beta.
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.Job Family
Individual ContributorFLSA Status
MonthlyScheduled Weekly Hours
YesRequires Compliance with University Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
YesDrug Test Required
NoHealth Screen Required
NoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.