Mercer is seeking candidates fora role leading the US Strategic Bid Center (SBC). This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
Mercer Strategic Bid Center Leader
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- This is a leadership role overseeing an experienced proposal center that supports all of Mercer's lines of business across the United States. This group is a national shared service team of proposal strategists, project managers, content managers and a graphic design team who support Mercer US sales and retention activity.
- Your primary responsibility will be to lead the operational and strategic direction of the Strategic Bid Center including resource allocation across the teams' services, operational process improvement, advancing best practices in proposals and finalist presentations including multimedia and other creative design services.
- You will lead a team of experienced managers to coordinate work assignments, establish and maintain quality standards, enforce policies and procedures around operational and compliance processes, innovate design deliverables for client needs, and ensure quality and brand standards are met.
- You will play a critical role in supporting Mercer's client management and sales teams articulate how Mercer's capabilities can help solve our client's most strategic human capital and financial management challenges across all segments of the market.
- You will have opportunities to work with Mercer executive leaders to continuously expand the impact of the Strategic Bid Center in supporting client revenue growth and client retention.
We will count on you to:
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential)
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Full benefits package on day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous 401k match)
- Access to senior leaders within the organization
- Culture of internal mobility and collaboration
What you need to have:
- As a people manager, to mentor and coach colleagues across the team, providing actionable feedback regularly to continuously develop the capabilities and performance of the organization.
- Support the intake and prioritization of resource assignments across a variety of support requests across multiple lines of business.
- Manage the continual improvement of best practices and standards, keeping management apprised of progress and risks, partnering & communicating effectively with other leaders.
- Provide strategic guidance to commercial leadership around process or deliverable improvements, including best practice design approaches for sales, coaching and training on how to use design or video to improve client experience with Mercer in sales and rebid situations.
- Actively enhance your skills, keeping abreast of external market trends and best practices in how technology, media, production processes, design applications, and innovative working methods are influencing proposal and finalist presentation practices across Mercer's market space.
What makes you stand out?
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience in a corporate or agency setting leading business proposals
- Minimum 8 years of experience with B2B sales or similar client pitch background
- Minimum 8 years of experience people management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications-related field
- Experience leading a dynamic proposal center in a consulting environment supporting complex services and solutions including win theme strategy development from proposal through to finalist meeting.
- Experience working in a sales or client retention leadership role in a professional consulting firm.
- Experience with technologies required to create best-in-class deliverables supporting proposals and finalist presentations, including traditional MS Office suite tools such as Word and PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere/After Effects, Adobe AEM, and Qvidian.
The National US average range for this role is $156,400 to $234,600.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certificationsandeducation. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on acase-by-casebasis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.We are excited to offer a competitive total rewardspackage, whichincludeshealth and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well asemployee assistance programs.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.