This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career in the financial services industry and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. As a multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail, you will deliver value by providing a personalized experience for our clients in the financial centers and get to know them and understand their life priorities as you provide their financial services. You will be responsible for processing banking transactions while ensuring data accuracy and actively support cross-selling efforts by identifying client needs and suggesting solutions through introductions.
As the Client Service Associate, you will also perform a variety of client service functions associated with supporting the strategic initiatives of the Financial Center to enable business development, revenue growth, client retention and growth and sales delivery enhancements.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
1. 50% -- Client Transactions and Cash Control
* Process a variety of client transactions efficiently and accurately, maintaining and balancing a cash drawer and adhering to policies, individual authority levels and procedures.
* Perform a variety of operational functions in accordance with cash control policies and procedures including but not limited to: ordering and verifying coin and currency shipments; ensuring daily work is captured within assigned timeframes and that it conforms to processing requirements; assisting with end of day work and consolidation; completing and running required daily reports such as cash reports, cash control, etc.
* Provide support in data and process audits as needed to keep the Financial Center Team in compliance with policies, procedures and state and federal laws.
2. 40% -- Client Service
* Provide exceptional client service through an eye for detail and focus on solutions. Engage clients in conversation with an understanding of deposit and lending products and services.
* Respond to client inquiries and concerns by researching and identifying solutions.
* As needed, act as back-up to Personal Banking Associate by performing basic deposit account openings, basic lending and account maintenance requests.
* Skillfully identify correct product types through needs-based questioning to build and deepen client relationships. Cross-sell bank products and refer clients to other lines of business within the bank.
* Maintain accurate records for all safe deposit box transactions and ensure all policies and procedures are followed while removing and returning safe deposit boxes to compartments including examining vault area after client vacated. Ensure client signs visitation slip, verify against signature on file, and only accept original issued key for entry.
* Confidently drive sales through service and knowledge to achieve personal and team goals.
3. 10% -- Team Accountability
* Provide mentorship and guidance to the Client Service Associate 1 -- overseeing his/her activities as needed.
* Respond to complex and varied inquiries and requests from clients. Utilize knowledge of transaction processing as well as applicable internal policies, procedures, systems and regulations to handle escalated situations effectively.
* As the escalation point for complex requests and issues, establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with internal and external clients and business partners.
* May be designated to regularly perform functions associated with FC opening and closing and providing transaction approvals and overrides in alignment with Bank policies and procedures.
4. Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
5. Perform other duties or accountabilities as assigned.
# Years of Experience:
* At least 1 year of cash handling and customer service experience required, 1 year of banking experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to accurately handle large amounts of cash
* Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
* Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Financial Centers.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
High School Diploma or GED is required, candidates with advanced degrees (Associates and/or Bachelor's) preferred.
1. Self-starter and highly motivated -- exceptionally proactive and know how to get in front of problems to contain them. Displays passion, drive and commitment to deliver great client experience.
2. Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
3. Great Communication Skills -- Strong communications, both verbally and written. Comfortable in engaging all clients. Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
4. Knowledge of banking products, procedures and regulations.
5. Other Attributes -- flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; extremely accurate and detail-oriented; highly organized.
Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 2 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago
South Bend, Indiana
Posted 3 minutes ago