MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Region Sourcer who will be responsible for the sourcing / recruitment of both hourly and salaried positions establishing pipelines of relevant talent to support a MV - Regions. In addition, the Region Sourcer will work closely with divisional management teams to make decisions regarding; recruitment strategy, candidate mining, sourcing, and platform selection.
- Review and comprehensibly understand the recruitment challenges existing within the Region and establish aggressive passive sourcing strategies to source candidates for Driver, Dispatch, Training, Safety and Maintenance roles in an efficient and targeted method.
- Demonstrate mature time-management skills and work effectively across competing priorities and keep projects effectively moving forward.
- Support, review and provide reporting to our divisions regarding day-to-day sourcing goals, activities and progress against targets.
- Source, recruit, phone screen, process applications and schedule relevant candidates through MV's hiring and qualifications processes.
- Demonstrate influence with candidates and advise divisions to improve recruitment resources, drive ongoing sourcing activities to reduce hiring shortages across the region.
- Assist in the sourcing of management candidates when called upon by the Regional Recruiter to help find key leadership candidates.
- Creatively source and develop channels of qualified applicants using traditional and non-traditional recruiting techniques including social media, cold calling / direct sourcing, networking, job fairs, employment agencies, advanced internet searching, postings, etc.
- Building relationships with Community Sources, Military Resources, Driving Schools and other resources.
- Partner with the Regional Recruiter and divisional leadership teams for all recruitment planning and strategy development.
- Creatively working with divisional management to improve recruiting processes and procedures.
- Must be able to develop rapport with current MV staff and build new relationships with local recruiting sources.
- Minimum five (5) + years' experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing in a high-volume environment for both exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Must have experience in a fast paced, multi location, hourly workforce environment.
- Experienced in the creation of recruitment strategies, reviewing divisional employment data, such as new hire and turn-over reports, and successfully executing strategies within tight deadlines.
- Proven success in using creative sourcing techniques to produce diverse, high-quality, skilled candidates.
- Strong engagement and partnership skills and the ability to both understand and deliver to the recruitment needs.
- Solid knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to recruitment.
- Experience with salary and non-salaried positions (union experience preferred).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.