The position is responsible for the application and monitoring of established inspection procedures including on-line inspection for in-process product, final inspection and/or purchased parts inspection. This inspection will be conducted in assembled products, or/and heavy manufacturing metal fabrication, such as welding, metal cutting, bending or/and painting. The position requires the enforcement of quality standards. A strong visual and mechanical inspection background in assembly, metal fabrication or machining is preferred. Must be able to read drawings, interpret Work Instructions, Control Plans, or other documentation used to support the manufacturing of W&C product.
Education and Training
- Coordinate the activities of quality control by the application and monitoring of established inspection
- Communicate with employees regarding quality issues.
- Collect, compile and summarize inspection data for analysis. Prepare and offer constructive feedback relative to any deviations from prescribed standards of quality.
- Verbally or inn written form, advise the department team leads of quality related problems.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required for this position.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Internal Candidate: One (1) year minimum direct related experience or the ability to learn the principles of quality control if promoted from within the company.
- External Candidate: At least one (1) year of related experience in Quality Control in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Must understand and demonstrate basic quality metrics, including generation using computer-based statistics. Must be able to read drawings, interpret Work Instructions, Control Plans, or other documentation used to support the manufacturing of W&C product. Use of measurement equipment such as Calipers, Micrometers, height Gages.
- Computer skills preferred
- Physical Requirements (standing, lifting, repetitive tasks)
- Exposure to extreme heat and extreme cold while in the plant.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Watson & Chalin is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
This job has expired.