Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Control and manage traffic patterns in yard and direct customers to proper location to unload materials.
- Inspect quality of materials for non-acceptable items (i.e. propane tanks, PCP's, batteries, flammable liquids, non-metallic items, etc.), radioactive, hazardous and/or leaded material.
- Communicate quality control and deduction information to customers and teammates for accurate ticket information.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of customers and management. Ensure quality customer relations by acting in a courteous, safe, and professional manner.
- Inspect to ensure un-acceptable materials are not left on TMR property.
- Remove and properly store any items not allowed that may have been left without being inspected previously.
- Use small and large equipment such as a loader to push up tin pile.
- Understand environmental policies and maintain a high-quality and clean work environment as it pertains to our policies and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions
Best Benefits in the Business
- Experience with Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift/Loader preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited Growth Potential
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Proﬁt Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement Scholarships
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORENucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.