Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021031 Quality Control (Open)
Education and Experience
- Conducts visual and measurement inspections on incoming and in-process materials. Confirms quality and specifications, communicates required adjustments, and rejects and returns unacceptable materials as necessary.
- Reads blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Measures product dimensions, examines functionality, and compares the final product to the specifications.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests. Returns products for re-work if needed and completes documentation to confirm re-work.
- Documents and updates inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Ensures measurement equipment is operating correctly by adhering to all operating instructions and performing preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Looks for opportunities to adjust and improve production processes and procedures.
- Informs supervisor when quality issues and concerns arise.
- Assists the supervisor, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically requires basic knowledge of job procedures and tools obtained through work experience and may require vocational or technical education.
- Possesses working knowledge of and ability to use multiple types of measuring equipment (e.g., scales, measuring tapes, micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and present findings in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Possesses good organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.