The QO Lab Analyst position works effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, team laboratory environment to analyze raw materials, packaging materials, in-process materials, APIs, utilities, and/or finished product samples in support of the company's quality program in the laboratory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintains and supports microbiological programs including release/stability testing, environmental monitoring, sanitization/sterilization validation, media prep, and growth promotion
- Performs, documents, record checks, and troubleshoots qualitative or quantitative assays on samples using techniques that vary from use of standard laboratory equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation. May participate in manufacturing QC support such as cleaning verification.
- Interprets and evaluates data in terms of accuracy, precision, trends, and potential GMP impact and recommends appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- High productivity and the ability to multi-task coupled with a low error rate and attention to detail are critical characteristics of this position.
- Demonstrates flexibility/agility and engagement in a changing environment. The candidate is expected to display good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentification of samples.
- Able to comprehend and perform both routine and non-routine analyses from compendial and internal sources.
- May train others as skills and knowledge allow.
- Participates in laboratory investigations as required.
- May be responsible for writing routine assay protocols or conducting assay, process, or instrument qualifications.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in aseptic technique and have experience with environmental monitoring
- The successful candidate must also have demonstrated the ability to quickly learn new skills/techniques.
- AAS, BA/BS, or MS in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related science.
- Previous QA/QC experience in a GMP Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is preferred or a minimum of 2 years related experience in Quality Operations is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in at least two or more microbiological disciplines (e.g. sterility, endotoxins, microcount/bioburden/pathogens, utility testing, environmental monitoring, media preparation, microbial identification, growth promotion, etc.) as required by the business unit.
- Job duties involve occasional lifting (less than 35 lbs), reaching, and sitting while working at computer terminal.
- Candidate must not be Cephalosporin/Penicillin sensitive.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.