The QC Lab Technician performs testing on raw materials, bulk formulations, finished products, stability samples and any other samples from plant operations which require chemical and physical analysis.
- Cleans and organizes glassware used by the QC Lab.
- Assists QC personnel in the destruction of unused samples and waste disposal.
- Maintains bench areas in orderly manner.
- Keeps current with all SOP’s dealing with their job assignments.
- Reports any problems with assays or components.
- Helps maintain the lab in an orderly fashion.
- Reports any supply needs.
- Disposes of unused samples and laboratory wastes in appropriate containers.
- Physical and chemical testing of product.
- Maintaining laboratory notebook and checking the work of others to ensure compliance to SOP’s and cGMP’s.
Company Overview Who we are?
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working in a lab or related experience preferred.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.