Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new QC Coordinator for our plant located in Rock Hill, SC.
As the QC Coordinator, you will:
- Assist with QC analytical testing for Huntsman release as needed
- Manage and Maintain Laboratory Equipment
- Ensure instrumentation is performing properly
- Install and/or assist, repair, and inspect laboratory equipment
- Perform and/or assist with laboratory equipment calibrations and Preventative Maintenance per schedule.
- Perform and/or assist with general maintenance on equipment
- Create and implement procedures and forms for any newly purchased/installed equipment
- Train lab techs in troubleshooting and basic equipment repair
- Requires strong analytical and instrumental troubleshooting skills, especially with chromatography instrumentation such as GPC, and GC. Ability to investigate and resolve chromatographic, physical, and wet chemical issues.
- Create calibration laboratory procedures for new equipment
- Comply with all Company policies
- Assist with training program
- Perform statistical and data analysis
- Compliance Assistance
- Assist QC Laboratory to ensure all work is performed in a safe and environmentally appropriate manner
- Assist in the performance of audits in Laboratory (ISO 9001 and DIAF)
- Maintain consumable inventory and FIFO inventory control
- Assist in ensuring materials are meeting Quality requirements
- Assist QC Laboratory in reviewing and releasing incoming Raw Materials
- Assist QC Laboratory in reviewing and releasing outgoing Final Products
Skills and experiences required:
- Develop and implement quality improvement activities in the QC Laboratory
- Maintain Laboratory Program Compliance
- Calibration Program - Manage and maintain equipment calibrations ensuring all equipment is calibrated and within working specification
- Retain Program - Manage and maintain retain room ensuring all required retains are present and outdated retains are disposed of properly.
- SOP Audits - Audit Laboratory SOPs on a yearly basis to ensure procedures are accurate and up to date
- PM Program - Manage and maintain equipment PM's ensuring all equipment is maintained and within working specification
- SPC Program - Manage and maintain SPC by performing routinely scheduled audits, F Tests and updating control limits as needed
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or similar science with 3-5 years of experience in chemical laboratory
- Computer skills - requires the use of office computers
- Must be extremely safety oriented.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are critical.
- Must demonstrate ability to trouble-shoot a variety of analytical equipment.
- Experience training co-workers and writing procedures.
- Self-motivated & able to work independently.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors, and fumes
- May be exposed to hazardous work environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities. Ability to walk or stand for up to three hours at a time. Capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
This job has expired.