Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins Food Microbiology is creating a new role for a Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist
This position will manage the purchasing of all consumables and manage inventory levels, creating a system for managing laboratory requests, receiving items, delivering special orders, following up on pending orders and backordered items, sourcing special requests, as well as working with the current Fisher stock clerk to ensure adequate supplies are on hand at all times. Keeping all stock status current and timely ordering and receipt of all items will be an essential function of this job. Importantly, monitoring performance of approved vendors in conjunction with Quality will also be required.
Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for majority of lab supply ordering, receipt, delivery and tracking
• Responsibilities will include monitoring of inventory levels of consumable items for all departments.
• Submitting and tracking purchase orders in the purchasing system (Coupa) to maintain sufficient inventory levels in order to support ongoing and planned production and services, adjusting carrying capacity based on actual and forecasted testing rates.
• Receiving ordered items in appropriate systems and submitting paperwork to Finance to process invoice and payment.
• Provide support to the laboratory departments in the identification, cost management and acquisition of materials.
• Identification of vendors, appropriate materials, product numbers, pricing and specifications.
• Address ongoing issues related to material availability, including working with multiple suppliers to identify alternatives, address backorders and meet expedited demand.
• Manage standard materials - use of ERMD as deemed appropriate
• Manage specialized materials orders (standards, internal standards)
• Verify quantity and quality for all deliveries and sign accordingly
• Refuse incorrect deliveries or otherwise arrange for returns
• Receive orders from multiple people in a variety of digital and physical formats - system to be designed
• Responsible for entering requisitions in Coupa based on order requests
• Frequent email and phone contact with co-workers, external vendors and shippers
• Responsible to track POs for full receipt over time and follow-up with incomplete or missing orders
• Receive items electronically in Coupa database on a daily and as needed basis
• Physically deliver packages to specific people and locations multiple times throughout the day
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Conducts all activities in a safe, ergonomically correct and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
• Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
• Adjusts work hours as needed to meet deadlines
• Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirementsQualifications
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Strong computer and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability and a positive attitude.
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions and comply with company policies
• Chemistry knowledge of basic lab consumables, which is needed to properly assess appropriate alternative supplies as well as suggest more cost effective/higher quality replacements
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• BS in science-related field with 1-3 yrs on the job experience in a laboratory role
• 1-5 years' experience in inventory management, procurement or both
•highly desired but not requiredAdditional Information
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.