Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Prospect Management program impacts the University's revenue production and influences the major and principal gift teams.
The Prospect Management Analyst will partner with the University's front-line fundraisers to ensure campaign fundraising success for the University, work with the Development Research team to develop and maintain a prospect pipeline, and create and distribute regular reports for fundraising and Prospect Development teams. These activities impact Development & External Affairs' (DEA) campaign goals which impact funding university-wide.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Partner with fundraiser clients to provide support in achieving the University's campaign fundraising goals. Tasks include maintaining data accuracy and integrity; fundraiser portfolio management and optimization; solicitation strategies;measurement of progress toward annual goals; and providing ongoing support through meetings, reports, and database management.
- Provide information, analysis, and strategy to effectively communicate data, insights and ROI to stakeholders. Tasks include creating, maintaining, and distributing regular reports to fundraising staff, University leadership, and Prospect Development team on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Director of Prospect Development on long-term strategy and and success of the Prospect Management program. In addition, collaborate with Development Research colleagues on prospect pipelines for fundraising clients to meet campaign revenue goals, including Daily Transaction Prospecting and other prospecting strategies.
- Stay abreast of and work to apply trends and best practices in Prospect Development. Participate in professional development opportunities, trainings, webinars, workshops, and conferences.
Bachelor's degree is required.
A minimum of three years of professional work experience is required, preferably in prospect development/management/research in the non-profit fundraising field. Some experience in development, fundraising or related field is highly desirable.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing and the ability to synthesize significant quantities of information and communicate the most critical and actionable data within. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate strong time management, organizational and planning skills. Must be able to work independently on requests, manage workflow, and meet multiple deadlines, as well as, collaborate on work with other team members. A strong focus on attention to detail is essential.
Candidate must possess strong project management skills, including the ability to define goal/objective of the initiative and the means to achieve the goal. A strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism is required, as the person in this role will be called on to handle confidential information with discretion.
Candidate must have a strong working knowledge or acquire a strong working knowledge within one year, in certain skills outlined in the Apra Body of Knowledge. Knowledge about and/or the ability to understand and articulate ethics as defined by industry standards of prospect development is essential.
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Excel. Must also possess a strong knowledge of advanced search techniques and Internet search engines. Experience with and/or knowledge relational database and/or constituent relationship management software is highly desirable, preferably Blackbaud Enterprise CRM.Physical and Environmental Demands:
Deadline to Apply:
- Sit for long periods of time
The position is open until filled. COVID Vaccination
SMU must comply with President Biden's Executive Order (EO) 14042 requiring those that receive federal contracts and their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they apply for and are granted an exemption for religious or medical reasons.
For more information regarding this requirement, please visit our website.EEO Statement:
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, email@example.com.