AmTrust Financial Services is currently seeking a Property Subrogation Supervisor in one of our Recovery Claims Offices (Albany, NY; Dallas, TX; Princeton, NJ) to oversee our Property Subrogation Team. This position will supervise five Property Subrogation Adjusters handling subrogation claims arising from business underwritten by the AmTrust group of companies. As the Property Subrogation Supervisor, your supervision responsibilities will include the technical development of the adjusters claim files which includes investigation, evaluation of damages, settlement strategy and litigation management. These claims arise in various jurisdictions throughout the country and, as such, dedicated subrogation claims experience in multiple jurisdictions is required. This position will also have personnel administration responsibilities for the team they supervise. The Property Subrogation Supervisor will assist on special projects as needed.
- You are a thought leader and problem solver;
- You are passionate about customer service;
- You can translate company strategies into tactical goals that your team will execute;
- You are inquisitive and data driven;
- You make AmTrust an employer of choice/talent destination;
- Assign new claims, projects and training to unit members based on complexity and skill set of staff;
- Oversees the handling of all aspects of the claims assigned to the unit including communication, documentation, litigation management, evaluation, negotiation and settlement;
- Ensures we provide top tier claims handling that conforms to quality, production standards and specifications;
- Build efficiency and excellence with best practices, claim processing policies, procedures and department guidelines;
- Provides file authority as appropriate to unit staff;
- Completes regular quality audits of staff's work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards;
- Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Recognizing great work and creating employee engagement daily;
- Establish and execute controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards;
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency;
- May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action;
- Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration;
- Manages the development and training of subordinates.
What We Offer:
- Exceptional leadership skills; plus the ability to plan, organize, delegate;
- General Liablity PD and Commercial Property Experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Can sit out of any AmTrust Office
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical;
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form;
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction;
- Sound command of the English language;
- Ability to operate business technology;
- Self-directed, self-motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- College degree or 10 years equivalent experience and skills required.
- Valid adjuster's license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such, if required by subordinate position duties.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice.