We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Project/Process Engineer for our Elastomers division at our plant located in Ringwood, IL (near McHenry, IL).
The Project/Process Engineer is charged with providing technical expertise in reviewing, initiating, and implementing capital projects, while driving them to completion. Improve and coordinate process technology, equipment construction, modification, and maintenance or overhaul activity to new or existing process equipment.
What will be expected from you?
The job holder has certain responsibilities but not limited to:
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Performs design and cost estimates on new projects. Manages capital projects as required.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and supports scoping and justification of capital projects to address deficiencies.
- Monitor expenditure with respect to budgeted planning. Prepare monthly and annual reports on various aspects of cost control / expenditure for capital projects.
- Provide new ideas, insights, and direction for new processing alternatives to improve product recovery and quality. Plan and lead new process installation start-ups and commissioning.
- Manages documentation including updating drawings, equipment lists and data sheets. Coordinating purchasing requests, RFQs and Bid Proposals.
- Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
- Ability to update PFDs and P&IDs using AutoCAD.
- Confers with scientific, engineering, contractors, consultants, and technical personnel to resolve problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Have a working knowledge of other areas of the business such as: Supply Chain / Warehousing and storage; Raw material Supply; QA / QC raw material and product testing.
- Through linking with the (Regional) development and local management ensure that new products or scale-up products are only introduced to their department after having met the success criteria of a documented and agreed implementation program.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering with minimum 3-5 years of technical experience in the chemical or plastics manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of all TPU manufacturing processes as well as knowledge of TPU Chemistry, testing and product applications are a plus.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Good written and oral communication skills including a working knowledge of the English language, presentation skills for internal business meetings and external customer meetings. Concise, complete and well organized written communications are essential.
- May be required to adjust work schedule to meet Plant needs
- Must have the ability to independently and effectively plan organize, coordinate and follow-up on assignments.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
This job has expired.