ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide superior customer service to the laboratory clients by acting as a liaison between the clients and the laboratory personnel. The Project Manager will work with customers to determine their analytical needs, coordinate with laboratory staff to ensure that these needs are understood and met, and ensure that the level of service provided exceeds client expectations.
- Client Responsibilities
Develop a close working relationship with clients by identifying and understanding the analytical needs of the clients, maintaining excellent lines of communication at all times to keep clients aware of the progress of their project status, and reporting analytical data back to the client upon completion by the laboratory. Additional client responsibilities include: review of client RFPs; providing quotations and supporting information as requested; keeping clients abreast of important laboratory changes; and communicating any service issues back to laboratory management. Mandatory in-person visits to key clients will be required on an annual basis and there is potential for participation in marketing activities such as industry trade shows.
- Project Responsibilities
Set up the client projects in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), including test codes, analyze lists, reporting limits, report formats and data and electronic deliverable requirements. Communicate project specifications and schedule to lab personnel, including volume and turnaround expectations, and work with the Sample Management Group to ensure proper type and adequate sample containers/supplies are provided for sample collection. Review incoming work orders for accuracy to project requirements and track projects as they move through the lab in order to alert clients pro-actively of any anticipated delays or issues.
- Reporting and QA/QC Responsibilities:
Perform final review of laboratory reports, including associated Quality Control results and provide concise and accurate case narratives for each work order. This includes a sanity review of the data, comparing results against historical data and adherence to client data quality objectives. Generate final client reports, electronic data deliverables (EDDs) and final invoices as they are completed and submit to clients; this includes uploads into third-party invoicing systems. Communicate all positive and negative client feedback to Laboratory Management and follow up with clients and laboratory staff as required.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) LIMS and other computer software for logins, program specs, invoicing, and other required tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare quotes and basic proposals.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully to clientele.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science with 5+ years of experience in analytical laboratory operations.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.