Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures to support accuracy of bid submission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 0 - 2 years construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Scheduling and AGTEK Take-off software.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
Education:Work Experience:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Notice to Staffing Agencies
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.