SARSTEDT, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices, and instruments located in Newton, NC, has an employment opportunity for a CNC Machinist in the Tool Shop. The Company offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, short or long-term disability, a 401(k) plan and life insurance.
The Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and supporting the company's software applications and data reporting needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- Analyzes data requests and programmatic challenges and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Monitors all system' s operation and installed software applications for potential problems and performs appropriate corrective actions.
- Writes, reviews, and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, installation, changes, and corrections.
- Performs basic hardware maintenance for all systems and attached peripherals, including printers. Engages service technicians when required.
- Responsible for continuous process improvements, including updating, automating, and/or stabilizing software applications.
- Designs, implements, improves, and monitors nightly, weekly, monthly, and yearly data maintenance applications, ensuring security and accurate company data.
- Provides technical support by responding to inquiries from other employees regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use ERP and CRM system programs.
- Supports the company's Computer Operator when required by performing selected duties, including: distributing company reports and files, managing system back-ups, data entry, picking and invoicing customer orders, and documenting procedures.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Requirements:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Development, Software Engineering, or related Computer Science field from a four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IBM AS400 CL, RPGIII, RPG IV, and RPGLE programming skills.
- MS SQL & Reporting Services
- Previous experience with ERP systems (BPCS or SAP)
- Intermediate knowledge of Accounting, Distribution, and Manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from other employees or affiliates.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical situations.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software, and ERP systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
SARSTSTEDT, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
. SARSTEDT, Inc. is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.SARSTEDT, Inc. participates in E-Verify
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.