Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for ultimate results of bringing the customer's product to market
- Leads efforts to analyze current project operations, makes recommendations for improvement and coordinates the decision-making process.
- Uses PM Tools (Timelines, Project schedules, RAID documents, meeting minutes, 4-panels, etc.) to facilitate information flow between team members, the project leader, senior management and the client.
- Forms the client's single primary point of contact into Nordson Medical for all project-related matters.
- Responsible for establishing and developing cross-functional teams to support research and development process and may identify optimal opportunities for product.
- Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Interacts internally and externally with senior management requiring negotiation of difficult matters to influence policymaking bodies both internally and externally.
- Coordinate-cross functional engagement and review to write and submit customer proposals, assists in business development activities and client relationship management.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters as it pertains to projects
- Manages the resources of the R & D Department to ensure that staff are selected and sufficiently trained to meet current and future work requirements.
- Works with staff in administering the performance management system to ensure development needs are met and feedback is provided on a regular basis.
- Ensures the proper application of Human Resource policies through recommendation and approval of Human Resource actions such as salary administration, disciplinary action, and paid time off.
- Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended.
- Identifies required Design History File requirements and maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development; including management of scope / scope changes and adherence to quality system documentation requirements.
- Prepares project plans that specify project phases, tasks, task interdependencies, durations, resource assignments, and costs
- Sets project budgets, tracks cost to budget and manages budget for on-cost delivery. Reviews and approves invoices and assesses Nordson Medical financial exposure throughout project.
- Conducts risk analysis for products under development, including technical risk of product development success and Nordson Medical risk associated with client engagement
- Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines
- Train other Program Managers and employees aspiring to be Program Managers
- Develop and utilize program management best practice tools and techniques to best service Nordson Medical customers
- All other duties as assigned
- Conducted post project lessons learned activities and recommend / implement process improvements.
- Manage project utilization of resources to support billable goals for the organization while staying on project budgets.
- Assist with managing all Profit & Loss aspects of projects including pricing, revenue, material & labor costs to meet margin and ongoing business targets.
- Develop, coordinate and manage new product introduction (NPI) in alignment with business and customer needs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Degree focus in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of medical device product design and development experience is required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in program management or Professional Project Management certification
- Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 medical device regulations
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- Depth of knowledge in one or more clinical areas
- Depth of knowledge in one or more product areas
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Demonstrated ability to bring products from concept to market.
- Demonstrated ability to manage in situations of ambiguity and technical uncertainty.
- Ability to interact with client companies in a professional manner.
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.TRAVEL REQUIRED
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.