Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women's lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Required Education and Work Experience:
Program/Project Tools, Materials Maintenance and Updates: Provides global project management support. Functions as a key resource to the MIHR and FHM Engage projects to ensure his/her portfolio of projects is managed in an effective and efficient manner. Works with the Senior Program Officers to prepare manuals, documents, reports, presentations, and other tools, and reviews and updates the materials. Helps MIHR and FHM Engage teams with sourcing of reference materials.
Records Retention: Manages filing, storage and tracking of hardcopy and electronic content and support templates and ensures availability of current information on related subjects. Proactively works to improve recordkeeping in a complex portfolio of projects with a high volume of programmatic and technical information.
Database Management, Collection and Analysis: Supports staff with developing and formatting project reports and presentations. Assists staff in review and analysis of data, helping to prepare internal and external project reports
Activities and Events Coordination and Scheduling: Coordinates all planning, bookings and logistics for activities and events, including the agenda, calendar, materials, registration with the participants and travel, both domestic and international, including lodging, transportation, and meeting accommodations.
Communications: Manages electronic communications for the program or project.
Processing and Filing: Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Processes invoices for the functional area for submission to Finance for payment. Participates in donor compliance audits to ensure internal policies and processes are followed for donor rules and regulations.
Subject Matter Expert: Subject matter expert in systems of administrative oversight of projects; engages in subject matter related to sexual and reproductive health, gender, and youth to support project team.
Project Management and Participation: Participates on cross-functional project teams. Provides advice and support to meet key internal and external deadlines and support country teams in their success at the project level.
- Support the coordination of planning, execution, documentation, and coordination of MIHR work planning processes.
- Support workplan and budget development process.
- Coordinate production of MIHR reports for internal and external use.
- Facilitate completion/review of quarterly/annual progress reports and technical reports.
- Work with MIHR Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure that resources are consistently made available on project webpage, ensure country page is maintained and updated
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in management, public health, business, marketing, social science or related discipline.
- Fluency in English with professional proficiency in speaking/reading/writing. French an added advantage
- 3 years' experience working in international development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries
- 3 years' international non-profit experience
- Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization where roles may vary slightly based on needs of the project portfolio and organization. Flexible and adaptive approach to working.
- Master's degree in management, public health, business, marketing, social science or related discipline.
- Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in understanding of program context, and field realities
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned project and program.
- Customer Service: Highly motivated to add value in project management and administrative oversight.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Travel required (less than 10%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
- May process new hires for the program or project, coordinate and participate in new hire orientation.
- May serve as the program/project or functional area's first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than October 4th, 2022.
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.