ITT Aerospace Controls headquartered in Valencia, Calif., is a premier supplier of highly engineered components and integrated solutions for mechanical and environmental control systems for aerospace commercial and military applications. Our wide array of products can be found on virtually every commercial and military airplane flying today including linear and rotary actuators, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, motor and solenoid operated valves, pumps, electro-mechanical switches, ice and freeze protection, noise control, hoses and connectors, drain masts, air/surface heaters and composites.
ITT offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
*THIS POSITION IS A MID SHIFT POSITION 11:00am-7:00pm or 12:00pm-8:00pm*
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Machine Shop Supervisor is responsible for daily production output, order fulfillment, follow up with engineering and quality control process Issues and continues improvement, in order to meet the operational and financial target of the factory; Leads the shift operators and technician and drives KPI's, including Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery, Cost and Inventory. Provides support to Production Planning team, Manufacturing Engineers, and Assembly Focus Factory managers. Lead continuous improvement initiatives on production flow and resource alignment, process efficiency and effectiveness by using LEAN manufacturing & Six Sigma principles; SMED implementation is a big plus; experience in root cause analysis (3L5Y) required. Reviews and approves necessary manufacturing engineering documents; Administers Performance Management Process across area of responsibility for effectiveness, timeliness, and expected outcomes in focusing, aligning and engaging employees in the pursuit of the overall business strategies and goals. Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities at the time.
Safety is a core value at ITT. Our department managers/supervisors play a critical role in creating and maintaining a safe workplace for our employees by following all ITT safety policies and procedures and by observing employees to ensure that safety procedures are followed.
- Supervises and directs day-to-day machine shop production activities for approximately 30 employees.
- Performs Stand Up meetings to discuss priorities and to learn operational issues impacting the Fabrication production schedule expectations
- Responsible for the assignment of work, technical interpretation and compliance within a close tolerance, precision machine shop involving short run, complex parts on conventional and CNC machine tools.
- This position requires the management of manpower, tools and equipment coverage.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications and engineering orders to clarify and resolve functional problems related to fabrication.
- Assures the maintenance of quality standards and participates in departmental meetings for purposes of improving methods, standardizing techniques and otherwise affecting cost reductions and increasing efficiency.
- He/she must be able to coordinate with other shift supervisors or departments for continuity of effort and functionality.
- Must be able to foster a positive work environment and build a team that is fully committed to continuous improvement.
This position requires use of information, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 10 + years manufacturing supervisory experience in a High Mix-Low Volume aerospace manufacturing environment to include application of LEAN manufacturing principles. Previous CNC experience, required.
- Prior supervisory experience must include positive employee relations and team building, strong communication skills, and comprehensive technical management skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer software is important and prior experience in an MRP manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree desired.
- ISO 9001:2000, AS9100 experience.
- Exposure to metals and/or machining industries.
- Leadership/supervision and training experience.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Great interpersonal skills: share and communicate ideas and solutions across cross-functional teams to rapidly solve issues with minimal conflict
"ITT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
This job has expired.