Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Production Supervisor for our plant located in Rock Hill, SC.
As the Production Supervisor, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Assumes responsibility for organizing, directing, and overseeing the correct and timely completion of the various production functions.
- Assures that processes are being completed according to Company's standards and specifications.
- Responsible for efficient use of manpower and scheduling of OT as needed
- Completes related paperwork and reports
- Maintains stock and purchases hoses, fittings, screens, and filter parts for the facility.
- Adheres to the production schedule based on forecasts by Plant Manager
- Maintains plant housekeeping program
- Ensures that established production procedures and instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and quality and safety standards are followed.
- Keeps the Production Specialist informed of any significant concerns and identifies problems and provides suggestions.
- Attends all necessary meetings as required.
- Supervises, councils, trains, and develops production operators in the operation of production processes and waste-water activities.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, operational, and orderly condition.
- Performs incident investigations and entry of incident information in EHS Insight database
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information in downtime records
- Maintains accurate Paycom information for payroll
- Maintains processes at a designated rate to produce quality products at standard cost.
- Maintains working knowledge of all active processes including analytical methods and techniques.
- Maintains good working relationships and communications with other shifts to promote continuity and efficient transfer of duties between shifts.
- Conducts monthly supervisor meetings regarding safety, process, and personnel problems.
- Submits routine work requests for process, wastewater, and safety equipment repairs.
- Submits ideas that result in improved processing techniques, equipment, and manpower utilization, and cost control.
- Implements PPED program for shift technicians to ensure proper employee evaluation, disciplinary actions, and salary adjustments.
- Keeps production records, maintains logbooks, and communicates fully to all plant departments as required.
- Maintains overtime list and calls out operators or maintenance to maintain uninterrupted production. Implements safety and housekeeping programs on shift and submits incident reports as required.
- Maintains overall plant security.
- Maintains an atmosphere where a shift technician will freely and willingly contribute ideas that result in improved safety, production, and morale.
- Implements waste disposal standard procedures and ensures that they are adhered to.
- May act as emergency coordinator when Emergency Action Plan or Contingency Plan is implemented on off-shifts.
- Conducts critical item inspection on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering REQUIRED.
- 1+ years Manufacturing experience with increasing responsibilities preferred; supervisory or other leadership experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels on a wide variety of topics necessary for supervising a shift.
- Strong initiative
- Excellent problem-solving and solid decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and positive
- Ability to lead and be successful in a team environment.
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Some job functions of the Production Supervisor may require this person to be outside in all types of weather for extended periods of time. Due to the chance of exposure to hazardous chemicals, workers will be wearing protective equipment including steel toed shoes, safety glasses, long sleeves, respirator, and full protective gear.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
This job has expired.