We've been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there's a good chance you're only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. We're active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
This position is responsible for leading the shift and delivering production performance targets through efficient operation of the plant's production equipment. meeting production schedules, maintaining high operating equipment efficiency levels and ensuring that HSE&S practices and procedures are understood and practiced by all employees. This position is the organization's "first line leadership position," having direct influence on delivering the operation's goals of safety, environment, quality, customer service, efficiency and costs.
- Ensures production is carried out according to production planning and ensures production priorities are being followed.
- Ensures and understand adherence to HSE&S, Quality and Operating Standards in order to create a platform for continuous improvement and regulatory compliance: HSE&S (Adherence to Work Instructions and Procedures); Enforcement of established work rules; Quality system execution; Work Performance/meeting customer service requirements; and Deliver appropriate performance feedback.
- Ensuresall site safety rules are strictly followed to that no injuries occur and looks for root cause for all incidents and near misses.
- Ensures all process quality checks are being performed in accordance with established procedures.
- Accounts for proper allocation of man hours.
- Communicates targets and continuously measures and communicates status against these targets.
- Monitors the technical state of installations and take appropriate actions to resolve issues together with Maintenance and Engineering department.
- Resolves short term quality issues together with Quality department, initiate structural problem solving of quality issues.
- Works with the Quality Department to determine new ways to ensure high quality products.
- Works with CI and Shift Supervisors to implement (lean) tools to improve production efficiency, reduce costs and reduce waste.
- Coaches employees on performance and recognize good performance and establish and encourage high levels of employee engagement
- Works with union stewards in resolving issues.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 3-5 years leadership and/or supervisory experience in manufacturing is required.
- Knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) / Lean Manufacturing principals and techniques is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary with the ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, peers and senior level management in English.
- Must possess good organizational and planning skills.
- PC literacy is required, particularly the ability to understand, interpret and analyze spreadsheets, trend charts, and process control charts.
- Successful experience supervising in a Union or Non-Union environment is required.
- Experience in a fast-paced industrial environment along with competencies of: results orientation, concern for standards, initiative, and concern for impact, interpersonal awareness, flexibility, and analytical ability is required.
- General Requirements include:
- Must be able to move through all production areas, including manufacturing areas/floors. Must be able to stay on feet for 8 - 12 hours each day.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Must have good eyesight and hearing.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment and protective clothing as required by law and/or corporate policy. This includes, but is not limited to, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, vapor and dust respirators, safety glasses.
- Must be able to learn and perform all aspects of the hourly jobs. This includes all duties associated with the Paint Operator, and Filler positions.
Acquiring InformationAkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.Requisition ID: 17370#LI-DNINearest Major Market:
Columbus Nearest Secondary Market: