AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
You will lead a team of production operators to accomplish Filling production goals, on 2nd Shift. You will ensure that production is carried out as effectively and efficiently as possible, in accordance with quality, HSE and other established procedures and standards.
- Deliver performance coaching and guidance to Team Leader and lead daily effective team meetings and ensure daily situational problem solving
- Manage all shift filling safety policies and procedures to ensure that no injuries occur. Look for root cause for all incidents
- Lead all process quality checks to validate they are being performed in accordance with established procedures
- Develop your production plan and measure/communicate production status against plan
- Interface with maintenance and engineering for troubleshooting and equipment issues - drive actions that lead to resolution
- Partner with the Quality Department to determine new ways to ensure high-quality products
- Collaborate with Continuous Improvement (CI) and other supervisors to implement Lean tools to improve production efficiency, reduce costs and reduce waste
- Provide insight on CI/ALPS (AkzoNobel Leading Performance Systems) projects and take action to support new management initiatives
- Adjust production plan to ensure that filling continues as efficiently as possible
- Assign/Reassign operators to tasks to facilitate safe and efficient production
- Determine safe working conditions based on equipment functionality, operator competency, and environmental factors
- Prioritize Operator training based on needs and available products being produced
- Adjust direct reports time and adjudicate vacation/PTO in accordance with production needs and Team availability
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 50 lbs, 50 lb bags of pigment or utilizing industrial equipment to maneuvering material.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Arm-Hand steadiness- Keeping your arm or hand steady
- Near vision- ability to read labels and see details up close
- Prior experience working in a paint manufacturing facility preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Ability Coach, develop, train, and mentor direct reports.
- Ability to operate basic computer systems and Microsoft Office products
- Effective communication skills while working with subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- English Speaking
Acquiring InformationAkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.Requisition ID: 15403Nearest Major Market: