Production Operator C
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a Production Operator C - Third Shift for our plant located in Harrison City, PA.
As the Production Operator, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Receive oral and/or written work assignments from supervisor or group leader.
- Read and review operating procedures and determine what is needed to complete task.
- Set up and operate production kettle with assistance of another senior operator, from instructions supplied by engineering and/or supervisor. (Production batch is any material for which an operating procedure has been written.) Tasks include:
- Weight and measure materials and load into kettle when listed in the specification.
- Follow cooking instructions, recording reference points as required by the specification.
- When cooking is completed, cool and thin material as outlined.
- Clean up kettle and area as necessary.
- Run appropriate in-process tests to support production as required.
- Perform necessary calculations, summarize production data and take appropriate actions.
- Evaluate the performance of special purpose equipment; interpret and analyze operating difficulties and suggest corrective measures to the engineer/supervisor.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Keep lab area maintained; make any solvent blends for upcoming samples, beakers cleaned, etc.
- RCRA Duties Include:
- Responsible for maintaining satellite accumulation area compliant with site waste management procedure.
- Arrange prompt transfer of full container to RCRA room.
- General awareness of waste management program and waste minimizations plan.
- General awareness of RCRA Contingency Plan, including response to alarms, excavation routes, and muster points.
- Report HW releases following incident reporting procedure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels on a wide variety of topics - Receiving general instructions from supervisor and/or engineers and discuss daily problems/concerns, testing and unique procedures or problems.
- Commitment to safety, participation and adherence to company policies
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgement and decisions, while staying organized.
- The ability to work safely with chemicals is also a requirement
- Must have successfully completed initial and annual waste management training and demonstrated competence through knowledge verification.
- This position requires the operator to be able to work in extreme heat mainly during the summer months.
- Must have the ability to wear a respirator for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to enter vessels for cleaning purposes.
- Must have the ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/CareersAdditional Locations:
This job has expired.