Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Production Associate I is responsible for the day to day task for creating assemblies from shop order reference drawings and work instructions utilizing manual and automated equipment. In addition, this person is responsible to cross train on various production tasks and complete product inspections, equipment setup, cleaning testing and operation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Supports Journey to Zero vision by working safely and preventing incidents through submission of safety observations
- Applies company quality standards and makes appropriate evaluation of quality conformance.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of machine(s) and surrounding work areas
- Responsible for random visual inspection of individual product and packaged product to ensure that all quality/quantity expectations are being met.
- Performs line clearance of all parts handling equipment, tubs, and work areas between and during operation runs
- Responsible for creating assemblies from shop order reference drawings and work instructions utilizing manual and automated equipment.
- Supports continuous improvement activities within the department by providing suggestions and supporting changes
- Verifies part numbers, colors, visual charateristics, and appropraite dimensional aspects to ensure that parts match the Shop Order information and drawings
- Assemble finished goods, sort and de-gate per work instructions and ensure that all parts and products under their care meet the quality standards of the outlined procedures. Reads and interprets work instructions, routers, and drawings to ensure proper assembly line setup and correct part number to shop order relationships
- Fulfillment of shop order pick lists and staging, maintains, and ensures component lot traceability and part number conformance (Product Distribution)
- Accurately receive/move finished gods inventory with zero errors or incomplete move transactions. (Product Distribution)
- Able to identify and understand different tiers and priorities of Nordson parts and customers.
- Able to accurately ship domestic and international orders under $2,500 that require an AES. (Product Distribution)
- Responsible for creation and verification of proper bag quantities and tub labeling information as specified for each Shop Order.
- Rotate through multiple stations on a shift to ensure maximum alertness and preparation
- Calibrate and set up part weigh count scales for bagging operations and tub bag quantity verification.
- Maintains a consistent, positive attitude and approach to adversity and challenges.
- Value Plastics, Inc. operates a Monday thru Friday shift, 1st and 2nd shift as well as a 4-10 hour shift for Friday thru Monday. The Production Associate I may be asked to work occasional overtime.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance. Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as required by operational needs.
- Others duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- GED or High School diploma
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Effectively use Windows operating system and standard office applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Ability to arrange items or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Critical thinking capabilities. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to follow diagrams and pictures. Ability to follow instructions carefully.
Effectively use Windows operating system and standard office applications including Outlook, Excel, and WordCompetencies:
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Customer Service Oriented
- Results Oriented/Accountability
- Professional Work Relations/Teamwork
- Knowledge of Job/Comprehension/Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge/Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Safety Awareness
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary, stand, sit and/or bend frequently or for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange verbal and written information.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Must be able to frequently lift / carry and push / pull 25 - 50 pounds.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
Base Salary Range for this position is $16.00; shift premium may be available depending on shift associated with the specific job opportunity. Benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time off and paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including our Matching Gifts Program.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.