Benjamin Moore & Co., a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high-quality coatings for the architectural and industrial maintenance markets. We are currently looking for a Product Development Chemist I to join our Interior Architectural Coatings formulation team.
In this role you will collaborate with the interior formulation team working to improve existing products and develop and commercialize new products. This position requires solid technical skills and a desire to innovate as well as problem solve. The role offers many opportunities for growth and development into higher technical or managerial roles.
The Product Development Chemist I job is an exciting chance to join a team that promotes and recognizes innovation. We are seeking motivated individuals who will produce world-class products and add to the skillset of an already successful Interior formulation team. Join the team today and also receive a $5K sign-on bonus.
Please review the responsibilities and requirements for the position. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- Develop new products in partnership with quality, Marketing and Manufacturing teams
- Initiate, design, and execute multidimensional experiments
- Actively seek and leverage internal and external best in class knowledge
- Plan and support plant scale-ups
- Coordinate with Quality and Manufacturing to improve performance and ease of manufacturing
- Lead group projects and cross-functional teams, participate in larger complex teams
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform product physical and application testing
- Manage and train junior chemists and technicians
- Understand competitive and industry playing field
- Adhere to all laboratory safety and cleanliness guidelines
- BS and 5+ years’ formulating experience of architectural coatings as well as industrial maintenance coatings a plus
- Strong people and cross-functional team management skills
- Exhibits & fosters team behavior within & outside the laboratory
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Possess good analytical problem-solving skills to make timely & accurate decisions
- Clear & concise record keeping
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore. At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
You worked hard for your degree – now it’s time to put that pricey paper to work for you! Benjamin Moore offers a Student Loan Repayment Program that contributes to reducing your student loan debt. As a new employee hired into this role you would be eligible for an enhanced monthly contribution of $200 per month up to $6,000. Join our team and fast-track your way to financial freedom!
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
This job has expired.