The Process Safety Engineer will be part of the HSE Organization and will provide process safety engineering support for the Terminals & Pipelines (T&P) organization. This role will be central in ensuring a robust PSM program is in place by supporting safe engineering and operational activities. The Process Safety Engineer will report to the lead PSM engineer and will support all T&P PSM regulated facilities, including finished products terminals and the butane and ethylene operations at the Sour Lake Facility.
Experience and Qualifications Required:Basic Qualifications:
- Support development, management and coordination of all 14 elements of the OSHA PSM Standard.
- Provide support for MOCs, HAZOPs, LOPAs and HAZIDs.
- Review project design and operational changes, including P&IDs, PFD's and C&E Matrices.
- Develop T&P major accident risk bowtie diagrams.
- Conduct site assurance visits to support safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Collaborate with the Operational Excellence Team in development of new standards and practices, including PSSR, MOC and SCEs.
- Support or lead process safety incident investigations upon request.
- Provide process safety support for turnarounds, maintenance and well work overs.
- Help to develop T&P Process Safety Event Metrics.
- Analyze and communicate process safety trends within the assets.
- Collaboratively support internal and external stakeholder audits.
- 30-40 percent travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Fire Protection Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of process safety.
- Minimum of 5 years in O&G or chemical industries.
- Formal training and/or certification in OSHA 1910.119 compliance.
- Formal training and/or certification in PHA methodologies such as HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA.
- Understanding of dispersion modeling.
- Understanding and experience with hazard analysis techniques.
- Understanding of Process Safety Information and ability to read P&ID's and Cause & Effect Matrices.
- Professional certification as CSP, CFPS or PE.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.