For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of performance materials, chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
* Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
* Safer Travels - We produce highly engineered Performance Materials that help make highways and airports safer for drivers, pedestrians, pilots and passengers
* Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
* Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, materials, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
PQ Corp in Augusta, GA has a manufacturing opportunity that includes valuable training, lifetime trade skills. We are looking for candidates that set themselves apart from their peers in their quest to be successful, participate in production goals and learn in a "safety first" environment.
This is a Long Term Temporary position working 3rd. shift, must be able to holidays and overtime as needed:
* Performs batch operations interfaced with computer-controlled equipment.
* Interprets laboratory data and adjusts process to insure production meets quality specs.
* Performs maintenance on equipment to limits of personal ability and training and assists skilled
maintenance personnel when needed in the repair, replacement, etc. of all plant equipment,
buildings, utilities and services.
* Maintains high standards in housekeeping in all area of the plant and grounds.
* Maintains excellent verbal and/or written communications between shifts and fellow operators.
* Receives and carries out directions accurately and efficiently.
* Functions in a team oriented operation and maintains active status as a team member.
* Maintains production and other company requirements.
* Requires detailed knowledge of entire process, SJP'S, and emergency procedures. Daily
requirement is to lift up to 60 pounds. Stands or walks with intermittent climbing. Requires visual
* Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with procedures while meeting production needs.
* Maintain reliable operations of dissolving, glass unloading, fired boiler, and related equipment in
conjunction with the maintenance department: i.e., pumps, motors, bearings, etc. through
responsible and informed operation.
* Move and spot railcars using a Trackmobile based on production demands
* Participates in plant-wide HSE, quality and productivity initiatives.