This position is responsible for conceiving, planning, developing, budgeting, and executing projects for optimizing production capacity, capability, and quality, while also ensuring optimal levels of energy conservation and environmental improvements. The Process Engineer will also execute operational excellence initiatives across the site including DMAIC, standard work, 5S, etc. This position should develop into a subject matter expert (SME) for equipment in the relevant area(s). Incumbent will focus initially on the spray drying and compaction of a new product.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Plan, monitor, improve, and control Production output for each line to ensure that plant goals are achieved.
- Develop and maintain a CIP list and lead the Operational Excellence program for the site
- Lead root cause investigation and corrective action process for the site
- Update all paperwork for the Production area, including daily output to lot specific batch sheets (when needed) and all Quality related items (e.g. SOP, ETS, QAR's, etc.).
- Work closely with the Quality department on all Validations and product testing.
- Monitor production trends through statistical analysis; promptly address problems, trends and opportunities within the production process.
- Partner with Production, Quality, and Maintenance Departments to develop strategies to increase production, such as improvement of potencies, reduction of costs, and process control.
- Oversee start-up validation and testing of units to comply with regulatory requirements
- Work with Regulatory Compliance group to create an effective Validation Plan
- Provide troubleshooting and production expertise for instrumentation, control technology, and/or production equipment.
- Document Maintenance procedures for plant equipment.
- Develop, submit, manage, and implement capital orders for new or replacement equipment.
- Oversee contractors working on capital projects, ensuring that OSHA standards are met.
- Interface with Project and Refining Engineers, Production, Maintenance and Plant laboratories to coordinate capital project work.
- Write operating instructions for changes within the production process.
- Write standard work procedures for critical job tasks.
- Ensure new equipment is installed according to standards and protocols.
- Verify control schemes, interlocks, and safety devices designed by contractors.
- Select appropriate controlling and monitoring instrumentation when new equipment is installed.
- Train Production Operators in the proper operation of new equipment.
- Communicate with individuals within the Zoetis network to facilitate process developments.
- Provide technical assistance and piloting for process startups, process modifications, and process trouble shooting.
- Work with Information Technology function to maintain process data on the computer network for analysis by Engineering, Production and Laboratory personnel.
- Identify necessary training for maintenance for electrical and control equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred) or related technical degree
- Three to five years production engineering experience is necessary, including responsibility for process engineering, operational excellence and capital projects.
- Ability to independently plan and execute projects
- Ability to us Minitab
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Advanced mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, powerpoint, project software)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to foster teamwork and cooperation
- A Green Belt in Six Sigma is desired
- Experience working in a dusty environment with explosion hazards.
- Experience in an FDA regulated facility is desired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and PM's, routine reports, and correspondences in a concise and clear manner.
- Advanced material and problem-solving ability
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of contractors, designers, consultants, employees of the organization, and/or senior leadership.
- Ability to perform math commensurate with a four (4) year Engineering degree requirement, i.e. algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be required to access all areas of the manufacturing facility and utilize certain Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to, hard hats, safety ("steel-toed") shoes, eye protection, respirators, gloves, and protective clothing.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.