The Process Engineer works in conjunction with the Engineering Manager or Sr. level Engineer. The Process Engineer provides technical expertise and support to manufacturing operations to assure that new and existing product/process requirements can be met safely, at optimum quality and cost levels. The Process Engineer supports existing and new product/process development, utilizing Lean Manufacturing Principles and Six Sigma Problem Solving techniques to implement and maintain these systems.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Leadership: Manage multiple projects. Justify and implement capital investment projects. Execute plans that provide customer value.
- Technical: Design, develop, implement, maintain, and improve robust manufacturing processes. Resolve difficult problems systematically with effective solutions. Follow a standard phase gate development procedure for new product and process development activities.
- Quality: Develop capable tooling and processes to meet print requirements. Provide process instructions and process FMEA's. Develop processes and systems that comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Team Work: Lead/Participate in cross functional teams to implement new products or continuously improve processes.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum Education (or Equivalent)
2 Years College
X Bachelor's Degree
Technical Certificate or Trade School Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or 5+ years of experience in Engineering capacity may be acceptable. 2-5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment desired. Recent college graduates may be considered where appropriate.
- Experience on product and tooling design for stamped and/or rubber molded components preferred.
- Working knowledge in computer aided design (SolidWorks preferred), Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in the design, manufacture, implementation, and problem resolution of assembly equipment, jigs, and fixtures in a production environment.
- Self-driven; self-motivated; self-learner; positive attitude; willing to go above and beyond when needed; proactive
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate with associates at all levels of the organization and customers.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing Technology and tools, Problem Solving Skills, and ISO/TS 16949 or QS9000 preferred.
- Green Belt Certification preferred.
Less than 1 year
1+ to 2 years
X 2+to 5 years
5+ to 7 years
7 + to 10 Years
This job has expired.