Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Principal Watershed Scientist to join our water resources team as a Principal in the greater Los Angeles and/or Central Coast region. If you are looking for the opportunity to lead business development efforts related to watershed monitoring, planning, and project implementation, this position may be for you.
As a Principal Watershed Scientist, you will work closely with peers from various disciplines to build upon an existing portfolio of projects related to water quality resources, groundwater and surface water monitoring programs, storm water management, permitting and compliance, and watershed/water resources planning. You will possess the knowledge and technical skills to direct water quality investigations related to MS4 permit compliance, TMDLs, and other monitoring programs. In addition, you may have direct experience planning and implementing groundwater management and monitoring programs, especially evaluating data to inform local and regional planning objectives related to SGMA.
The successful candidate will have a strong network of trusted professional relationships and will be able to demonstrate success building and executing exciting watershed-focused projects. As a senior leader, you will have solid leadership and team management skills in addition to a demonstrated expertise in technical consulting and/or environmental problem solving. These experiences should demonstrate solid collaboration with private/public clients, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
You will work in a team environment with other Rincon professionals throughout California. This makes communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, and an ability to adapt to different teams, types of projects, and leadership styles important to the individual's and team's success. This position offers the opportunity to apply creative problem-solving skills to environmental issues, and rewards individual initiative, persistence, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
What Do You Get To Do In This Position:
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Professional consulting services for municipal, construction, and industrial clients related to water resource management and NPDES compliance programs
- Provide practical client representation with regulatory agencies to develop lasting solutions
- Report to Senior Principals and Executive team to ensure effective program development and client communication to maintain and develop long-term relationships and business success
- Provide training and guidance to junior team members to execute critical field programs
- Lead technical reporting programs and large technical proposals that are accurate, clear, and succinct
- Continually enhance and perform quality assurance and quality control oversight to assure data programs are accurate and clearly communicate compliance strategies and solutions
- Oversee data collection investigations to ensure the correct scientific procedures and technical equipment are appropriately implemented
Preferred License and Education:
- At least 15 years of progressive experience related to watershed science and problem solving
- Implementation of TMDLs and similar water quality studies and water resources planning programs
- Experience in southern California's watersheds and working with associated water quality challenges, including MS4 Permits and other regional programs
- Direct experience planning and implementing groundwater management and monitoring programs related to SGMA
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of scientists, engineers, geologists, and other professionals to implement complex work programs
- Use of statistical programs and techniques to support data analyses
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions to complex problems related to water resources
- California licensed PE or PG
- B.S. in Hydrology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, or another related field
- Advanced degree in hydrology, hydrogeology, or natural resources science with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as the #1 'Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For' by the Zweig Group in 2021. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 300+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose. If hired, we require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Total Rewards Package* Includes:
HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
Three Weeks Vacation accrued in the first year
401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
Paid Sick Leave
Eight Paid Holidays
Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
Dental, vision, prescription drug
Supplemental life insurance
Volunteer Pay for a Day
Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
And much more!
*All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30+ hours per week
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.